.22lr high velocity recommendations

Each gun reacts differently to each make of ammo so everyone can tell you their favourite and it won't make a blind bit of difference to how that ammo works in your gun. :P In my experience this seems particularly the case with .22 HV ammo. :D The good news is .22 ammo is cheap enough to buy a box of every type your RFD has to try in your gun without breaking the bank. :big_boss:

Mark

Each gun reacts differently to each make of ammo so everyone can tell you their favourite and it won't make a blind bit of difference to how that ammo works in your gun. :lol: In my experience this seems particularly the case with .22 HV ammo. B) The good news is .22 ammo is cheap enough to buy a box of every type your RFD has to try in your gun without breaking the bank. :good:

Mark

:lol::lol::lol:

But I have never found a HV .22lr to show any particular level of accuracy or consistancy. Difficult one, there was a time I used Rem Yellow Jacket HP and CCI Velocitors, the Yellow jacket were a little better than the Velocitors, but neither of them were that good.

My .22lr is really a sub tool these days..if I want a bit more grunt or range then I reach for the WMR or HMR!! :D

any particular reason you want high vel's? anyway buy a selection of different ammo (subs, standard and high v) and see whats best. my 10/22 used to love yellow jackets, but then it started throwing them all over the place over 80 yards :lol: so i moved onto remington target rounds, cycles them no problem (apart from the odd duff round :good:)

ps what type of 22lr you got? subs arent the answer to everything 22lr related, my 10/22 hates them, itll jam on every 2nd eley, and cci rounds block everything up with unburnt powder :lol:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd