FAC renewal

When waiting for your new certificate to arrive, can you get a temporary one in between. Mine has gone in for renewal (23rd May) but I've been told that I probably won't get my new one until July!

I am going to 2 Gamefairs between these dates and would like to have some sort of certificate with me.

It runs out on the 23rd May. My renewal applications (co-terminus) have already been sent in, and I've had the visit off the FEO. He advised me to 'stock up' on ammunition before my licence expires, but I don't need any. It would be nice to have a temporary one in case I see a rifle/shotgun I may want to purchase.

you can ask for them to grant one though not sure how it works with firearms, whether it just lets you posses / buy ammo rather than aquire. Shotgun is simple take a mate and put it on his license and then transfer when you have yours back

I have been waiting for mine it has been delayed due to me changing my primary land and seems they wanted it checked for suitabilityeven though I have an open license, and as its in another police district who have a rep for feet dragging I have been waiting, so I phoned up monday said look I am worried I may end up with firearms out of ticket!! was told dont worry even if we dont get the land checked in time as you are simply seeking a renewal we will honour it? anyway surprisingly the next day (yesterday) the landowner phones to say "land been checked and cleared today" so perhaps a phone call or two to gee them up was made.

KW