100 bird day on spring rape

yickdaz

me old fella got a call from colin a shooting mate of ours last night to tell him to get down to his permission that we shoot also from time to time because farmer had been complaining about the pigeons hitting the rape and with him working couldn;t do anything with em.so off we went today only got set up for 1pm due to the fact we had to get a gate to the field opened and colin had the key and could only get there for 12.30.never the less birds were flighting in from all directions while we waited for him to come so knew best place to be and we only shot for 3 hours the oldie had to be somewhere tonight so we had to pack up at 4.30 with birds still wanting to come in a bit frustrating having to leave. but still an excellent bag picked 96 lost about another 6. :blush: ] pic of the old un counting the bag.

post-21887-1275676664.jpg Edited by yickdaz

Blimey mate, you and your old man hit the jackpot there :blush:

we got colin some deer stalking in the lake district for nothing from another farmer we know.so if any pigeons are on his patch he lets us have first dibs at em and he shoots with us sometimes on our permissions. cracking bloke and he does pest control for a living.

Well done mate good bag that ,hope to get a few tomorrow with a few guys off site on young sugar beat plenty on over last 2 days :oops::blush:

i;m sure you will. gonna have look at some peas meself tomorra not much wind forecast but you never know.

i;m sure you will. gonna have look at some peas meself tomorra not much wind forecast but you never know.

Good luck to you too mate .

A farm near to me had 4 guys out yesterday afternoon on the peas as they were getting hit hard they shot from 3pm till 7.30pm and shot just under 800 birds which is some going :blush:

Good luck to you too mate .

A farm near to me had 4 guys out yesterday afternoon on the peas as they were getting hit hard they shot from 3pm till 7.30pm and shot just under 800 birds which is some going :blush:

that is some shooting. if we could have been set up at 10am and shot till about 7pm we would have doubled the bag no problem me dad was shooting a 20 bore and run out of shells he only took 50 with him not expecting much shooting luckily i took 100 with me so we ended up shooting my gun and my shells between us towards the end.

It did cross my mind Daz, Longy coming back to haunt you again, Eastmond is a big loss for you lads. Im still smiling after our win last night against Barrow!!! but no gloating from me tonight.

I believe your team will playing at our place next season, until your new stadium is ready. I will have to go a saints game and meet you for a pint!!!

It did cross my mind Daz, Longy coming back to haunt you again, Eastmond is a big loss for you lads. Im still smiling after our win last night against Barrow!!! but no gloating from me tonight.

I believe your team will playing at our place next season, until your new stadium is ready. I will have to go a saints game and meet you for a pint!!!

never happen always be a super leage team and yes love a pint or 2 with yer.