To Cull or Not To Cull?

In light of the recent attack by a fox on the 2 young girls there is bound to be a renewed demand for the culling of foxes but the L.A.C.S. will no doubt try to discredit the claims about the damage that foxes can do and the livestock that they are capable of taking. Some of this video has been seen before but for those that will say that the "Cute, Cuddly and Harmless Little Fox is not capable of the crimes set against him maybe they would like to watch this and revise their opinions.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

all animals are capable of attcking human wat people seem to forget these are wild animals even the dog in ur livingroom is capable of these things as we have seen on the news time and time again but foxes are seen a cute little animals this is far from the truth but the problem is if there is an outrage on foxes u will have many people hunting foxes weather the ban is in place or not and this may caurse bigger problems than its worth really

Edited by liamlumsden

all animals are capable of attcking human wat people seem to forget these are wild animals even the dog in ur livingroom is capable of these things as we have seen on the news time and time again but foxes are seen a cute little animals this is far from the truth but the problem is if there is an outrage on foxes u will have many people hunting foxes weather the ban is in place or not and this may caurse bigger problems than its worth really

Agree all animals are capable, but foxes are becoming fearless of people in towns things like this will happen again just wait and see… when the hunt was out there controlling numbers along with us shooters foxes didn’t run out of room in the country side and move into towns for space and food, it’s ok the press calling us what they like but when the foxes are over running the towns and doing what has just been done maybe there should of listened when not so long ago they where told what would happen.

I no I may be opening a can of here but what the hell this is what I believe…

Frenchieboy well put spot on vid!!! :good:

p.s I hope both children make a speedy recovery!!

That is a spot on vid!! some good pionts there well done keep them coming...

P.S have you shot them yet if not my be a vid of that next??

And yes cull cull cull!

In answer to this question - Yes, they have been culled (I shot the vixen and 3 cubs, I could not locate the 4th cub and the terrier man could not locate it the following day either so I don't have a clue as to what happened there) but I did say that I would not be videoing it as there are some things that are better not shown to the general public. Tha carcasses were buried in the farmers dung heap out of the way of the prying eyes of the "do gooders"!

In answer to this question - Yes, they have been culled (I shot the vixen and 3 cubs, I could not locate the 4th cub and the terrier man could not locate it the following day either so I don't have a clue as to what happened there) but I did say that I would not be videoing it as there are some things that are better not shown to the general public. Tha carcasses were buried in the farmers dung heap out of the way of the prying eyes of the "do gooders"!

understood, well done again on the vid... :good:

Superb job, well done. i would love to know where that fox earth is.

The Earth is on one of my shoots in Lancashire. I was asked to "take care of the foxes in it" by the farmer so not long after filming it I did as requested and shot 6 - 2 cubs on one day and the vixen and 3 cubs another evening. There are now no "resident foxes" in that earth which the terrier man can confirm as he put his terriers to work the day after I shot the vixen and cubs to make sure that there were no cubs left behind.

Having said that though I doubt it will be uninhabited for long with the amount of foxes and cubs we have around here- I'll be watching it!

Good video but I dont feel it gets any real evidence over as such to show the anti's. What we need is footage of a Fox attacking animals. There is no solid evidence a Fox killed any of the animals you have mentioned in the video or the feathers in the den. Do you see where Im coming from from the Anti's point of view all that is shown is a video of some cute fluffy fox's and a hole that could have been dug by any animal and the foxs are just living in the hole. Whats to say the leg the fox didn't find?

Im not an Anti but I think if videos are going to be shown to support a cull they need to be compiled with footage of fox attacks on livestock etc so people can actually see for themselves what a Fox is capable of.

In light of the recent attack by a fox on the 2 young girls there is bound to be a renewed demand for the culling of foxes but the L.A.C.S. will no doubt try to discredit the claims about the damage that foxes can do and the livestock that they are capable of taking. Some of this video has been seen before but for those that will say that the "Cute, Cuddly and Harmless Little Fox is not capable of the crimes set against him maybe they would like to watch this and revise their opinions.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

Top class video Frenchieboy :blink: :good::drinks:

It was only a matter of time before an attack made national news, now people will see what these cute little animals can do. The problem is that they will be taking more town foxes and leaving them go in the countryside only to stave (as there are no bins or takeaways out there) and they think they are doing good?

More problems for the famers?

I agree with and understand what you are saying "triscrx" but footage of foxes actually caught in the act of attacking would be extremely hard to come by (And worth a small fortune). I doubt if this short video of mine would swing any of the "Antis" out there but at least what is on it is real! I believe that I have quite clearly said at one time on the video that there is no proof that any of the foxes actually killed the lamb even though they most definitely did bring it back and eat it.

In relpy to "garygreengrass's" comments, I know and agree entirely with you. So many people like to feed the fox which in turn takes away it's natural fear of humans and this is when the problems start. We also have a situation where I am led to believe that organisations like the RSPCA are capturing town foxes that are causing problems and releasing them in the counrty in the misguided belief that they are doing the foxes a favour. What they are overlooking is that these "town foxes" do not have any hunting skills and are likely to starve in an unknown area of the country. On top of that foxes as we all know are territorial and any foxes that are released into the country where there is already a "resident" fox that has established that territory as his will likely get attacked by the "resident" fox and suffer extreme injuries which copuld result in an inhumane and painful death!

Unfortunately some people do not realise what harm they are doing by feeding and trying to tame or befriend a fox, and I personally think that this is possibly the case with many of the "attacks" that I highlighted towards the start of the video!

Foxes are wild animals and should be left and treated as wild animals!

you hit the nail on the head there pal. i went looking for for some land to shoot and came across a farm that bred working dogs i.e labradors and springers and a fox took one of the labs when the litter was 3 days old and 3 springers i was horrified when they told me so off i went that night with the shot gun and a maglite and after waiting a hour and half quick lamp round a pair of eyes lit up started squicking and got it in to roughly 28 yards bang down it went that was a vixen hanged on bit longer and again another heading directly to the kennel were the pups are started squicking again and got it to 35 ish yards and bang was there till light and bagged 2 foxes both vixens the breeders were made up.

but lucky for me because of this they got me a spot on the beating, picking up and shooting line this season.

you hit the nail on the head there pal. i went looking for for some land to shoot and came across a farm that bred working dogs i.e labradors and springers and a fox took one of the labs when the litter was 3 days old and 3 springers i was horrified when they told me so off i went that night with the shot gun and a maglite and after waiting a hour and half quick lamp round a pair of eyes lit up started squicking and got it in to roughly 28 yards bang down it went that was a vixen hanged on bit longer and again another heading directly to the kennel were the pups are started squicking again and got it to 35 ish yards and bang was there till light and bagged 2 foxes both vixens the breeders were made up.

but lucky for me because of this they got me a spot on the beating, picking up and shooting line this season.

That story is shocking. Fair play for getting a quick revenge for them. :hmm:

• 6 months later...

Great vids frenchieboy I've seen most of yours now

Thanks for your comments, it's very kind of you. I have been a bit quiet on the video front lately but hope to be making up for it in the New Year with a few more "Educational" or "Thought Provoking" videos!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent Video....

Yes Foxes should be controlled in Livestock areas, without a doubt.

However in some non livestock areas they do a good job keeping rabbit and other rodent populations under control..

Its finding a reasoned balance which is difficult....

Mike, I could not agree more. I have had many occasions when I have "refused the shot at Charlie" because I did not feel that it would be justified. I have one farm where it is a strict "Shoot on sight" policy but that is because they have 6,500 free range hens. On most of my other permissions it is left up to my descression, where this is the case I try to keep a "balance of nature" so it is often a case of keep the numbers to an acceptable level and all is well! As you say even Charlie has his bit to do in the natural cycle of things!

I could never condone or be a part of the total extinction of any species!