Manchester Clay Shooting Club

Gordon R

i lived near worsley club n so it was 1 of my 1st clay experiences .. on my 2nd visit 1 of the stands was only showing the clay for a split second so i collard a guy passing on a quad and asked his advice only to be told "if you cant hit it it must be cos your f`in ****!" n with that he trundled off in a cloud of obesity n self importance. not long after i found myself immersed in the gun trade and made it my point to drive as many new shooters away from the place as i possibly could...

now i dont know anything of this new system but im sure its hopeless n poorly implemented as seems to be the style there... after all when you have a top class ground you dont need to think about shooters or working systems do you!

i lived near worsley club n so it was 1 of my 1st clay experiences .. on my 2nd visit 1 of the stands was only showing the clay for a split second so i collard a guy passing on a quad and asked his advice only to be told "if you cant hit it it must be cos your f`in ****!" n with that he trundled off in a cloud of obesity n self importance. not long after i found myself immersed in the gun trade and made it my point to drive as many new shooters away from the place as i possibly could...

now i dont know anything of this new system but im sure its hopeless n poorly implemented as seems to be the style there... after all when you have a top class ground you dont need to think about shooters or working systems do you!

I hardly see how the rude behaviour of that person is the ground's fault. :hmm:

I hardly see how the rude behaviour of that person is the ground's fault. :hmm:

Yes, that one was what is called "a difficult clay" :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

They don't all have to be gimmies on the end of the barrels.

He was certainly a rude and obnoxious slob, but that isn't Worsley's fault.

The point is that these Worsley targets that use the trees to restrict your time are hittable, if you get your finger out.

A ground needs easy targets for beginners and tough stuff for the more experienced.

Perhaps it would have been more helpful for the staff member to point you in the direction of the novice stands to which there are many. Still doesn't mean he has to be obnoxious, rude and unhelpful. from Auntie. :hmm:

Doesn't sound like it was a current staff member, Aunty, there's no one there that you could describe as obese.

Sounds a bit like the old days, could have been Evil Eric :hmm:

If it was, he was lucky he didn't snatch the gun off him and demonstrate how easy it was to hit them :hmm:

Edited by Chard

Went today with Nick T and a couple of other friends. I have complained about the road in the past - they have made a decent effort - well done.

Last time we went they were open from 12.00 noon. We arrived 12.35 - not yet open. Advised it opened at 1.00pm. 1.00pm came and went - new computer being installed.. At 1.20pm - proprietor said - "we won't be a minute". Over 15 minutes later - they were ready - very slow dealing with us. It was a painful experience. I appreciate that a new system was being installed, but being a guinea pig was not a good experience.

I checked the web site when I got home - in June it is a 2.00pm start.

I was asked for a credit card to leave with them. In this day and age, I know of no-one with a brain cell who would let their credit card out of their possession. They settled for the keys to my works. If memory serves - prices had increased since my last visit - about a year ago - by £2 per 100. Getting my keys back was a similarly slow process.

We had a 10% no birds allowance. The explanation to the lad in front of us was that if you paid for 100 clays, your card would have 110 on it. If you had three no birds, you got 7 freebie clays. We had 8 no birds at the first stand. Our no birds were in excess of 20%. We laughed about the freebie clays all the way round, in sort of ironic way. :good::good::good:

There were also some really stupid coloured clays against poor backgrounds.

None of the four of us will ever, ever visit again - it's too much like hard work.