Shotgun slugs and the law.

Panties are quite straight at the mo :)

I agree, the only thing I'd use a slug for in Britain is wild boar.. nothing else.

I misunderstood your comment, I took it to mean the use of slugs as a whole, was waltish. :rolleyes:

Ok , sorry if i upset anyone, not my intention. I did think about a rifled slug gun for pest and vermin when i first applied for my fac, but was soon put off by the price and the funny looks i was getting when i enquired in the local gun shops, not the done thing by all accounts. But this is just other people enforcing their opinions on me, i guess some of it has rubbed off. If you read some of the comments in the papers just recently, then according to some the use of any gun is considered "waltish", apparently we don't need them.

Breathe in.......................................

.......and relax!

Ok, I'm not gonna bother going the slugs route, I just wondered was all. Interesting the definition of cartridge, IE 1 OOO and a few no 9's, but I think I'll stick to no 1's in the 12. TBH, I just wanted to pop some at filled lemonade bottles on my range to see if they explode like they do with the .222!

Childish, but happy! :)

Thanks y'all!

I've used a few slugs on targets and they can be quite accurate. They've got nothing on a rifle but can group 4" or so at 100 yards so would be fine for Fox or Deer. I really don't know why they're so disliked here, although I'd expect them to ricochet a bit like a .22lr!

If you've got a .222, they'll be a let down I can assure you!

Avon and somerset will grant slug for target and for 'rampaging deer' and boar.wat do u think zoo's and safari parks use for a put down gun? A 22? Come on! I watched my mate shoot a fox with. 12g slug and it turned the fox very nearly inside out! And by the way at 30 meters a slug will go straight through a railway sleeper!