cla gamefair

mrbritish1976

Dont forget all you PigW members that Abacus Claysports- The www.####.co.uk gives you 10% off most things, just mention this post for a blinding deal on our Stand on Gunmakers Row

Come in and say hi

Jerry :good:

Would I get a 10% discount on a red, 70mm easy hit bead :lol: . . . . . please :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if anyone was on the (offensivly expenisve) clay lines and saw someone shooting really badly with a single barrel 12 that would have been me :yes:

It was good there, especially when it warmed up with the ample eye candy :welcomeani:

Edited by Edward

We will be there tomorrow and am shaking with excitement like a straining dog ! Iv done plenty of gamefairs before but this will be my first CLA !

My shopping list so far is:

Opinel No: 6

DC4 sharpener

Rubber scope eye peice

Am sure I will find more while am there ! :hmm:

i wasnt overly impressed this time. some of the stands where very small, not as many decoying traders there this time and very few of the dog people.

dont get me wrong, i got more or less what i was after but there wasn't much choice between traders.

well done to mike smith and Kali again on there scurry winds and snooker wins. 2nds yesterday and a 1st-3rd today.

roll on the midlands as i think its a better show.

all the best

Phil.

I went on Friday, had a fantastic day and bought a nice Fred Williams boxlock for 100 quid. Semi pistol grip, 32" barrels, knocked about a bit (inevitably as it's very old) but perfect bores. Shot an impossible crow with it yesterday, so well chuffed.

Spoke to Charlie Jacoby, Chris Green and John Humphreys, nice chaps all. Chris Green has an absolute wealth of pigeon shooting knowledge, surprised to find he never shoots anything over 35 yards?!

And after checking my bank statement this morning I found they charged me 26p instead of 26 quid for entrance hahahaha

I went on Friday, had a fantastic day and bought a nice Fred Williams boxlock for 100 quid. Semi pistol grip, 32" barrels, knocked about a bit (inevitably as it's very old) but perfect bores. Shot an impossible crow with it yesterday, so well chuffed.

Spoke to Charlie Jacoby, Chris Green and John Humphreys, nice chaps all. Chris Green has an absolute wealth of pigeon shooting knowledge, surprised to find he never shoots anything over 35 yards?!

And after checking my bank statement this morning I found they charged me 26p instead of 26 quid for entrance hahahaha

chris green is very good and the 26 pence is a right result well done

Iv just got back and it was my first CLA. Have to say it was very medioca, i only managed to het my opinel after alot of hunting but none selling the falkeniven dc4 and not much in the way of knives being sold other than DMT`s few stands.

I didnt spot MTC scopes there which was a shame as i was looking to see the new tipan and may of parted with some cash to.

Weather was niceand good toilet facilities but I think the midlands is a far better event.

Roll on september MGF as I have a fair bit of shopping to do ! :good:

justgot back. Been there since thursday night, good weather so cant be bad. Shot poorly but had fun with the crazy qual and duck flush, shot over 50% on the pay and clay , some interesting targets.

Shot the comp- see my post in the Clay shooting section.

Anyone notice the trashed land rover in the car park on the metal road car parts everywhere.