gun insurance

just found this online

http://www.guninsurance.co.uk/firearm-shotgun-insurance.cfm

now this isnt a thread to bash shooting organisations, ive been thinking about getting my guns insured for a while (since a friend dropped his anschutz 22lr and snapped it in half!), and the house insurance doesnt cover them when theyre being used. havnt had the chance to read it all in great detail, but doesnt look too bad so far

anyone ever used them, or have their guns insured elsewhere? :good:

A lot of Home Contents Insurance policies cover sporting goods away from the property, those that don't can have it added for a very small increase in premium.

I would check with my current Insurers before buying a special policy.

My guns and fishing tackle are covered for a maximum of £4000 per "incident".

Why is it quite expensive, for a 4k gun the premium is £108, what I cant understand from these companies is that for £108 you can get £40k worth of home contents cover and the chance of a claim slightly higher.

Why is it quite expensive, for a 4k gun the premium is £108, what I cant understand from these companies is that for £108 you can get £40k worth of home contents cover and the chance of a claim slightly higher.

More people pay for the contents insurance than the gun insurance, hence there is more money in the 'common pool' to pay claims, therefore it's cheaper per claim

A lot of Home Contents Insurance policies cover sporting goods away from the property, those that don't can have it added for a very small increase in premium.

I would check with my current Insurers before buying a special policy.

My guns and fishing tackle are covered for a maximum of £4000 per "incident".

cranfield, i work in insurance and sort out my own house insurance :welcomeani:

two problems, firstly the guns/equipment usually isnt covered while its in use, so if you drop your gun when out shooting theyll walk away from a claim (i rang a few of them and thats the answer i got, you might wanmt to look into it).

secondly, by claiming of your house insurance it will put the premium sky high (wiping out your household no claims bonus); my thinking is house insurance is essential, gun insurance isnt; if i do have a claim and the gun insurance goes sky high i can just cancel it :welcomeani:

thanks for the replies anyway everyone :good:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd