Growing Salad

JonD

Hi,

Whilst i laid up after an op yesterday i decided to grow some salad etc. I have bought some spring onion seeds today but don't really know what to plant them in.

I will be restricted to growing in pots or planters as the only thing that survives in the soil are weeds.

What sort of size tubs would you suggest and any other ideas for smallish veg that i can still plant? No tomatoes as i don't like them :unsure:

Plan to do some herbs too.

Cheers,

Jon.

My Wife bought 3 flexible growing bags about 3ft circumfernce, and 1ft accross, we put some compost in them (about 10-12inces worth) and we've had a lovely crop of lettuce from it.

Beetroot, Carrots and potates are coming along nicely, onion ar srtuggling.

Get well soon.

Tight Lines

Aled

+1 for any cut and come again leaves, such as rocket, spinach(also the perpetual spinach/beets), lollo rosso lettuce. Cos lettuce too as you can cut to the base and then cut a cross in the stump and it will grow again, keep them well watered and they won`t bolt :good:

• 2 weeks later...

jon if u wanna sort ur soil out plant spuds next season .. just spuds and plenty of them ( fill the area u wanna sort out ) ... then the season after ur soil will be right for growing other stuff as the spuds some how ( dont ask me how but it works ) would have sorted the soil ..... i got told this of someone who has had his own allotment for years as we had the same issue ... i thought ' yeah right ' but i tried it anyway and it does work :good: