What is the best Mobile phone network

Sprocket

'Three' are currently leading the way and I've been with T-mobile, O2, Orange and Vodafone.

I'm leaving O2 becuase they don't give a toss about their existing customers and are scrapping any unlimited plans...

Interesting I'll give 3 alook as well.

Cheers

ive got o2 and 3 .3 network drops the calls half way through often even though good signal could be were we live i supose .o2 never droped a call ever

fancyfowl

I am in Wiltshire

What part of the country do you live?

May be different signal strengths from one area to another.

I've been with them all apart from 3 at some point.... they all have their pros and cons. In my experience Orange are the most innovative and offer the best customer service, Vodafone I don't really have anything good to say about them but no bad either and o2 who I'm with at the moment are ok, the coverage is good but I'm not that impressed with their customer service.

The one thing I would look out for though is frequency... both Vodafone and o2 use the older GSM900 system whilst orange and the newer networks use GSM1800, higher frequency signals struggle to get through solid objects such as walls etc so the older Voda and o2 were always better inside a building. I think that changed slightly with 3G but not that much... I was with Orange until 2 years ago and had full bars outside my house and only 1 bar inside and kept losing calls. With o2, I lose a bar coming inside with no dropped calls etc..

Edited by Vipa

I've been with them all apart from 3 at some point.... they all have their pros and cons. In my experience Orange are the most innovative and offer the best customer service, Vodafone I don't really have anything good to say about them but no bad either and o2 who I'm with at the moment are ok, the coverage is good but I'm not that impressed with their customer service.

The one thing I would look out for though is frequency... both Vodafone and o2 use the older GSM900 system whilst orange and the newer networks use GSM1800, higher frequency signals struggle to get through solid objects such as walls etc so the older Voda and o2 were always better inside a building. I think that changed slightly with 3G but not that much... I was with Orange until 2 years ago and had full bars outside my house and only 1 bar inside and kept losing calls. With o2, I lose a bar coming inside with no dropped calls etc..

Seems like "You Pays your money and you takes your chance"

By the time I go through all the options available I reckon Phones will be obsolete -but thanks for feedback anyway.

I too found that 3 cut off lots of calls for no reason? Full signal then gone, I was forever ringing people back! Perhaps that's why? I don't know but I think they're not the best.

I'm with Orange now, they seem pretty fair although I've had issues with them in the past too!

I'm with Orange, and their website says I have exellent signal. What a load of ****!!

At home 99% of my calls drop, and I can't use the phone indoors. ???

I'm stuck with them because of my internet deal, so just live with it.

My work phone is on Vodaphone, and I never have problems.

I suppose it's what works in your area. ???

Im on o2 with the iphone but its ****. Vodafone is much better. But it really does depend on your area. You can get most sim cards on pay as you go free now or for a quid. You could always buy a couple of different ones and try them to see which network is best for your area. Failing that just ask people like work colleagues or friends.

Dan

I have had to climb my TV aerial to send a text via O2 at my house. It was slightly better with Nokia handsets but when I got an LG and lost all signal I went to Vodafone. I always wondered what the lamp post at the end of the road was that had no lamp. On closer inspection it appeared to be a Vodafone mast. Explained a lot. I have been with 4 networks and they have been much of a muchness. Only the signal quality separates them.