Upgrade to a Beretta DT10 LH 30"

louis682

I currently shoot with a Beretta 682 Gold E and thinking of upgrading to something more special to a DT10 LH 30" which will be second hand. I'm really thinking is this the right move or to stick with what i've got but can't decide. Any opinions/advice?

Thanks

Louis

I currently shoot with a Beretta 682 Gold E and thinking of upgrading to something more special to a DT10 LH 30" which will be second hand. I'm really thinking is this the right move or to stick with what i've got but can't decide. Any opinions/advice?

Thanks

Louis

I went through the same. I also shoot with a Gold E and got fixated on DT10s :sly:

Timps kindly lent me his for a full round of sporting and, of course, I shot no better with it than with the Gold E.

So I didn't bother. <_<

If I had some spare cash, I probably would think again about getting something nicer, but I don't know what.

I've considered DT10, Blaser F3, Perazzi, but I can't see me ever changing.

Gold E takes some beating, it's just a bit boring. Trouble is, if I upgraded it, I know the new gun would eventually become a bit boring, I'm the same with cars, so I don't bother these days. I've become a bit boring <_<:good: :good:

Edited by Chard

I went through the same. I also shoot with a Gold E and got fixated on DT10s :sly:

Timps kindly lent me his for a full round of sporting and, of course, I shot no better with it than with the Gold E.

So I didn't bother. <_<

If I had some spare cash, I probably would think again about getting something nicer, but I don't know what.

I've considered DT10, Blaser F3, Perazzi, but I can't see me ever changing.

Gold E takes some beating, it's just a bit boring. Trouble is, if I upgraded it, I know the new gun would eventually become a bit boring, I'm the same with cars, so I don't bother these days. I've become a bit boring <_<:good: :good:

Yes you're probably right you'll always want better. A Blaser F3 professional is also one that i'm going to look at. The Beretta 682 Gold E is a very good gun so i'm thinking is it worth it, but its always nice to have something special. so basically i'm completely undecided : )

Yes you're probably right you'll always want better. A Blaser F3 professional is also one that i'm going to look at. The Beretta 682 Gold E is a very good gun so i'm thinking is it worth it, but its always nice to have something special. so basically i'm completely undecided : )

I found finding a LH a total nightmare ended up with a 525 loved the look of the Blaser F3 and it has a LH lever which most don't If you get up that way try the gun shop in Rigby and Barby sporting as the boss Gordon is LH and they had one of the better selctions (an actual choice of LH guns!)

I have both the 682 gold e and the DT 10, in the ability of smashing clays there is no difference between the two.

The only other differences between the two in my opinion are these :-

The DT10 is very well balanced compared to my 682, it is balanced exactly on the hinge, it actually feels lighter when handling it but is in fact a little heavier on the scales.

It does not seem to recoil as much as the 682.

The trigger is also lighter, not as much effort needed (smoother) but not a hair trigger.

I always wanted one B) :yp:

They both seem to shoot the same in terms of POI and how you have to shoot them. Swapping from one to the other is no problem at all for me, I do take them both out for a play occasionally on a practice day to see if there is a stand one can do better than the other.

As of yet I have not found one.

The DT10 is going to be with me till the day I die, I just love it, I bought it because I always wanted one so it was worth every penny & I am glad I did. If I had bought it just to improve my scores then I would be very disappointed as when I take the 682 out my scores are the same and I don’t feel it’s a disadvantage using it at all.

I have recently shot a new Blaser F3 & Perazzi MX8 they were not a patch on the DT in my opinion. The Blaser would do my head in with the cocking mechanism & the Perazzi felt worse than my old Browning.

Is it worth the money over the 682 gold e, in my opinion yes, every penny. But don’t be fooled into thinking it will improve your scores alone as it will not, but it will bring a smile to your face every time you use it though as I enjoy shooting it more than my 682 gold e.

Craig a very biased DT10 owner :lol:

Edited by timps

I considered it more of a rental than a lone, you may pay for my shoot at Doveridge this weekend and we can call it quits :yp: