Any carpet fitting tips ?

agusta

I've just ripped up the crappy carpet tiles that were in the office (what a mistake buying those was!), the carpet gripper and underlay is now down - carpet arriving tomorrow.

Any advice, I have basic tools, FBH, Stanley knife, tape measure, thin scrapper for poking - I don't see the point buying a kicker just for one carpet, as long as it looks half decent (desks cover the edges :good: ) - the office is square with no awkward cut arounds (apart from the fire-door).

To be honest for the sake of £30 or £50 I would have it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing with the right tools.

No disrespect to you meant but if you are going to look at it etc and looks a mess with ripples. :yes::yes:

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Take a photo when finished :good:

To be honest for the sake of £30 or £50 I would have it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing with the right tools.

No disrespect to you meant but if you are going to look at it etc and looks a mess with ripples. :hmm: :look:

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Take a photo when finished :good:

I agree and I think its funny how a bloke who sells helicopters wants to save a few quid.

Regards OTH

I agree and I think its funny how a bloke who sells helicopters wants to save a few quid.

Regards OTH

My reasoning for the DIY approach is:

a. Its a very cheap carpet £4.20per square meter as we will be moving shortly, no point spending more than necessary.

b. £60-70 will buy 250 cartridges

c. or 1/4 tank of Jet A1

d. As you have probably guessed I'm a "proper" tight northerner :hmm:

e. I'm currently grounded and have nothing better to do, so why not give it a shot?

Although I may invest in a stretcher looking at those other posts, thanks :good:

My reasoning for the DIY approach is:

a. Its a very cheap carpet £4.20per square meter as we will be moving shortly, no point spending more than necessary.

b. £60-70 will buy 250 cartridges

c. or 1/4 tank of Jet A1

d. As you have probably guessed I'm a "proper" tight northerner :lol:

e. I'm currently grounded and have nothing better to do, so why not give it a shot?

Although I may invest in a stretcher looking at those other posts, thanks :good:

Still take a photo and show us what it looks like because if you are grounded in the future you may have a part time career change :hmm: :look:

ACF - Agusta Carpet Fitting it has a ring to it - dont you think?:lol::mad:

You could arrive in a helicopter, that would be a novelty. :lol::lol:

Good luck :oops::oops:

As Sarah Beeny says " a good carpet fitter can make a cheap carpet look a million pounds, buy a poor DIY'er can make a million pound carpet look like ****"

Carpet turned up this morning, now fitted and I'm extremely pleased with the results (looks very professional if I don't say so myself :good: ) - couldn't find the camera as its boxed up but I've taken a few snaps with my phone - will upload later!

Thats 1 of the 3 rooms done, onto the next...........