best set up for cz 452

welsh warrior

scope bi pod ammo and anything else you can think of guys :good:

.22lr or .17HMR? I have the following on my .22lr Style:

3-9x50 Hawke Niteeye IR

Deben Bipod

Wildcat Cub Mod

Ammo - the gun absolutely loves Eley Subs they are super accurate, Remington Subs also not bad out of it. However, it doesn't like Winchester Subs, which is strange as Winchester HV work ok out of it.

This works for me, I stuck to a tight budget as I didn't want to spend big money on a .22lr as I think good quality glass is not strictly necessary on the LR; however, a lot of other people will have different set-ups, each to their own.

scope bi pod ammo and anything else you can think of guys :good:

I rather suspect it simply does not work like that..you need the scope, etc YOU want!

Bipod Harris...if it is just one then the 9-13 or 12-25 but SWIVEL is a must!!

Mod wise generally anything more than a SAK is down to asthetics and a deep pocket, little or no sound reduction benefit will be gained.

Ammo is daft, Eley "TENDS" to work well in them but you MUST try a few, Eley is no better in mine than Magtech, just checked the zero on my .22lr tonight and put in 3 touching shots with Magtech subs at 60 yards, Eley is NO better in mine and the Eley HP is pants compared with Magtech HP which is massive and expands brilliantly compared with the Eley.

BUT a pal with an all but identical CZ Silhouette (actually the guy I was out with tonight, and can't belive how well they perform in mine) is lucky to get a shotgun pattern with Magtech!!

• 1 month later...

Use either eley subs or rws ammo :hmm: ,sak is the mod to go for although i have scirroco on my cz 452 .22lr american and its fine never had a raabit complain yet :blink: ,see if you can get a deben max lamp for it,as for a bipod :hmm: why i can only assume that you do target work as i certainly wouldnt want to lay prone and shoot a .22lr at a rabbit it would richochet every where :oops:

I would also recomend getting some 'petflex camo bandage'to protect your rifle from scratches if nothing else.

atb,Karl

• 2 weeks later...
Use either eley subs or rws ammo :lol: ,sak is the mod to go for although i have scirroco on my cz 452 .22lr american and its fine never had a raabit complain yet :yes: ,see if you can get a deben max lamp for it,as for a bipod :lol: why i can only assume that you do target work as i certainly wouldnt want to lay prone and shoot a .22lr at a rabbit it would richochet every where :good:

I would also recomend getting some 'petflex camo bandage'to protect your rifle from scratches if nothing else.

atb,Karl

some of us dont live in flat country, bipods are fine for sitting it out or laid out prone waiting for ambush shots in the evenings - not a lamping tool though IMO.