Iphone users

toolazydecoy

On my new iPhone 4 just got it today, so far very impressed. Not yet got it set up for email can't work that bit out.

For email settings have a look on you prividors website or some of the apple sites on the web you can fiddle around for hours but with web site instructions it took me 10minutes to set up pop3 accounts and hot mail account that was a iPad but it is the same set up

Good luck b

I hate to sound like an absolute geek but it really has changed my life.

I always used to use Filofax + Nokia. Now all my contacts and diary are in the iPhone together with voice notes (very useful), alarm clock, weather info, tide info, news headlines, marine charts, personal banking. eBay access, etc., etc.

The technology available is astounding, not only can I find the nearest Tesco but also where jars of Marmite are located within that store, Big Brother really is here!

Last real remaining "want" is access to OS 1:25k mapping for which I'm prepared to pay a reasonable price.

Complaints? Operating instructions or lack of. It would be nice to back up my SIM. The one time I hooked it up to my computer it screwed up the address book both on the phone and on Thunderbird! ANd I have yet to discover how to upload a CD but, hey, it's a phone/PDA not a hi-fi.

its a very useful pigeon shooting tool :lol: Firstly you check the weather to see what the wind and rain are doing. Then you check Pigeonwatch for tips on that particular crop, then you set up the hide and play some music to keep yourself relaxed and maybe pop onto pigeonwatch in a lull, then you use the camera to take a picture of the bag, then you get back and post your results on pw :o :hmm:

I hate to sound like an absolute geek but it really has changed my life.

I always used to use Filofax + Nokia. Now all my contacts and diary are in the iPhone together with voice notes (very useful), alarm clock, weather info, tide info, news headlines, marine charts, personal banking. eBay access, etc., etc.

The technology available is astounding, not only can I find the nearest Tesco but also where jars of Marmite are located within that store, Big Brother really is here!

Last real remaining "want" is access to OS 1:25k mapping for which I'm prepared to pay a reasonable price.

Complaints? Operating instructions or lack of. It would be nice to back up my SIM. The one time I hooked it up to my computer it screwed up the address book both on the phone and on Thunderbird! ANd I have yet to discover how to upload a CD but, hey, it's a phone/PDA not a hi-fi.

There is an app for os maps and its free, if you want more detailed maps you pay a couple of quid for each map.

When you hook you iphone up to your computer,it will automatically sync with itunes,open the tab that says info,and then check the box that says sync with,you have a drop down menu to choose from,i use outlookexpress,and it then saves all my contacts to outlook,and i sync my calender as well.This will come in handy when you do upgrades,as it will restore all your contacts back into the phone at the end of an upgrade.

There is an app for os maps and its free, if you want more detailed maps you pay a couple of quid for each map.

I tried a few map apps, but settled on the 'Outdoors' series of 1:50,000 OS maps. They're not cheap, but the HUGE benefit is that the maps are all downloaded to the iPhone when you purchase - no need for phone/3G/wifi singnal to see the maps. Brilliant, fast, and seamless transitions through the various levels of resolution. Highly recommended.

They're only 1:50k, but in fact there's not really much detail missing from them - I used to use the pink 50k maps for hillwalking all the time before these new fangled orange jobbies came on the market, and they're just fine for 99% of my needs. I did buy a few of the green 25k maps once upon a time, and was totally blown away in the shop when I saw that individual stones had been plotted! But it turned out to be a big lie. Someone just drew lots of stones on the maps to make them look better.

Iv'e got a jailbreaked iphone 3g due for an upgrade but waiting for the iphone 4gs to iron out all the glitches. Im sure they'lll bring out an improved one to over shdow the mess they made of this one (signal loss, wifi crashes, Rear camera stops working, white balance is wrong, and the glass smashes). Although imagine the pain this iphone user has gone through

iphone-4-broken.jpg.

* Also which models do the cases fit toolazydecoy

Thanks

EDR

Edited by edr

My work phone is a iPhone 3GS, as a PDA it is great, better than any I've ever used. As a phone it is pants, we've had a load replaced so far due to call problems. I've got Google Earth but no other maps, I'm off for a look now!