foxes

ricky green

:blink: Started the night full of hope tonight,this farm tonight was the first one this year for me to have bin there,the same night as they cut it.In fact the farmer was still cutting it when i got there :yes: :o so i walked down to see him but he seen me and flashed his lights,(so i flashed him back).good he knows i am about now.as i walk a bit further switch on lamp and nothing. :hmm: so i walked back to the truck to check it out,fuse blown,no prob got a spare in the bag,put it in still nowt. :huh::huh: stripped the connecter apart wire snapped on the soldered joint.the money we pay for these lamps you think they would have a better system than poxy little soldered bit,so anyway got out the handheld lightforce which was going to make it very awkward to lamp now as i on me own.quick shine round the field none about.so i go and throw some kity kat about the place and go to check another field were a fox was seen the other night.got to this field shone the lamp and it was full of young cows. :no: So back to the first field,now this is only a 2 minit walk away.get to the gateway shine lamp and hey presto a fox hoovering up the kity kat.get down on the bypod,and try to line the lamp up and look through the scope is not that easy.but thankfully he was hungry and gave me little notice.That was a big mistake on his part. :good: then walking back after picking it up lamp number 2 decieded to give up the ghost. :huh: now got two lamps to fix in the morning.and i was going on to another farm from here.Or well nother early night for old ricky!!!

post-10309-1280963773.jpg

You know Ricky some things are meant to be - Maybe you were desitned to have an early night to remind you to check your equipment before you go out lamping mate! After having both lamps give up the ghost on you I'll bet you check them before you go out next time mate! :blink:

Still a reasonable result for a "short walk" mate! :huh::huh::huh:

Edit: I have just had a second look at the photo - It looks like that fox died with a smile on it's face, it must be something they put in the Ket-E-Kat!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Ricky,

Look on the bright side (pun intended) at least you'll have a lamp that you know will work in the future.

I had my 170 go a couple of years ago and when I got back home to repair it was suprised how poor the solder and connections are for such an expensive lamp. They are now resoldered and attached via the plastic connectors and I've never had an issue again.

Cheers Boondock

You know Ricky some things are meant to be - Maybe you were desitned to have an early night to remind you to check your equipment before you go out lamping mate! After having both lamps give up the ghost on you I'll bet you check them before you go out next time mate! :blink:

Still a reasonable result for a "short walk" mate! :huh::huh::yes:

Edit: I have just had a second look at the photo - It looks like that fox died with a smile on it's face, it must be something they put in the Ket-E-Kat!

i do check em b4 i go out,but the scope mounted lamp the wire broke in the cigar connector,and it was workin when i started to walk down the field.and the hand held the both wires had pulled out of the connecters in side the handle. :o But thanks for your advice,keep them vids of your comeing,the are intertesting to watch. :huh:

Why are Lightforce lamps so grossly overpriced ?, the general quality of the components leave a lot to be desired.

I have had numerous breakdowns of **** soldering to the dimmer switch breaking down completely,

this makes the lamp unusable until stripped and rewired.

Garygreengrass has rewired his using lawnmower plug in switches, why can't Lightforce give us value for money, thus saving us the hassle of breakdowns.

Why are Lightforce lamps so grossly overpriced ?, the general quality of the components leave a lot to be desired.

I have had numerous breakdowns of **** soldering to the dimmer switch breaking down completely,

this makes the lamp unusable until stripped and rewired.

Garygreengrass has rewired his using lawnmower plug in switches, why can't Lightforce give us value for money, thus saving us the hassle of breakdowns.

lightforce dont do the lamps with dimmers. they supply the lamp head and deben do the rest. i had this out with lightforce last year about a dimmer and i was put in my place that they dont make them.hehe.

the cigar plug i cut off and change to spades and then use the cigar plug with extra wire for in the truck with lamp. i add hot glue to the solder areas to help stop the flexing and its a weak join area on all solder items is not tied in well with something like cord grips.

Phil