2011 PW barbel fish in / meet on River Teme (Worcs)

Raja Clavata

So, just trying to gauge interest in a summer 2011 Pigeon Watch Fish-in / meet on the river Teme just outside Worcester.

Would cover a Friday and Saturday night on an exclusive stretch of the river Teme. We'd need to camp out so bbq and plenty of beers are a given - no toilet facilities but we could get a port-a-loo delivered if enough participate.

We'd have exclusive access to the river on that stretch for the 3 days (Fri-Sat-Sun).

So what say the PW anglers? Actually you don't need to be an angler - we'll be far away enough from other people to just use it as it an excuse for a pukka social in a superb setting...

So far I've pencilled in Evil Elvis, Longshanks, MZUNGU MJINGA and moi - additional spaces will be limited.

Cheers Raja

PS - If you are not interested in attending then we are not interested in your input - so don't bother!

I would definitely like to come as I absolutely love barbel fishing and have never fished the river Teme.If you could give me a date so I can find out if I can take the weekend off work that would be great. If I can attend and a none barbel angler would like to give it a go i'm sure I could give them one of my spare rods and enough tackle to use.

Many thanks Nick

I would definitely like to come as I absolutely love barbel fishing and have never fished the river Teme.If you could give me a date so I can find out if I can take the weekend off work that would be great. If I can attend and a none barbel angler would like to give it a go i'm sure I could give them one of my spare rods and enough tackle to use.

Many thanks Nick

Nick,

I very nearly took the liberty of adding your name to the list of interested parties in the original post:yes: I'm quite sure you post, or at least used to, on a barbel site for which I am a mod (albeit these days non-functional ;) )!?

Dates for 2011 would be early in the season so - June / July at the latest (to make the most of the long days). BUT if there is enough interest (from the dedicated) then we could even do something this year (before the end of October I would suggest).

So - do you know who I am now?

BR

Mike (surname Welsh) of the 3rd

Nick,

I very nearly took the liberty of adding your name to the list of interested parties in the original post:yes: I'm quite sure you post, or at least used to, on a barbel site for which I am a mod (albeit these days non-functional :welcomeani: )!?

Dates for 2011 would be early in the season so - June / July at the latest (to make the most of the long days). BUT if there is enough interest (from the dedicated) then we could even do something this year (before the end of October I would suggest).

So - do you know who I am now?

BR

Mike (surname Welsh) of the 3rd

Yes Mike I am indeed the same hendersons who used to post on the barbel site. I seemed to lose a bit of interest in it though. Too many repeats of which line, which rod, otter ate my dog,boilies v's pellets and the great barbed v's barbless debates. So when the board changed it's host I just didn't bother to re-register. I do still lurk from time to time and miss it at times and often think about posting again, but it seems a lot of the old faces have gone now and with it a great amount of barbel fishing knowledge.

As I was reading your post I was trying to figure out which of the mods it is. I was thinking maybe bgit or you, I couldn't see it being either Andyd or Andyf, Andy Thatcher seemed very unlikely as he's in the states and having met wurzel a few times it didn't seem likely it was him.

When I was reading your posts earlier in the year on this site (particuarly the thread on the opening day of the season) I thought you must post on the barbel site because of some of the things you were saying.I was trying to figure it out from your user name who you wre but you had me stumped.

If you fancy a go on the upper Thames some time give me a shout, the barbel fishing is really hard (ask wurzel) but the fish are big. I don't know why but this stretch of water calls to me despite only having caught 2 barbel in 5 yrs there and not seen many more. But i truly believe i've seen a near record fish there so I will keep trying betwwen trips to the severn or bristol avon

Anyway back to the matter in hand. I will book holiday for the dates next year so I can attend as I work weekends. I may still be able to come to the ones this year depending on how busy we are at work if I can give a few weeks notice it would make it easier but still not gauranteed. For next year would it be possible to suggest a bank holiday weekend and do the sunday and monday as i would definitely be able to take those days off. But if it doesn't fit with everybody else I would understand.

It's good to hear from you again Mike

all the best Nick

I have only fished once before so would I be accepted?

Never mind the fishing - what you like at drinking? I've been to two of these previously and did not wet a line either time (there, although I fished other stretches during the day).

OK - seriously, if you want to fish you can - all day and all night if you want but that won't be very socialable; your choice. More importantly this is what you are like socially and how you behave after a skin full.

I'll start putting a list together and sorting out dates - with particular reference to stated preferences.