new toy carbed R1

mickmep

do you like my new toy :good:

'old school' carbed R1 the last of the carbed models.

had a mad 10 minutes about 2 weeks ago and decided i'd had enough of the TL and it was time for a change. :blink:

was a bit nervous about getting rid of the TL, she was a late one (RRX) with a genuine 11k and full history back to the pdi.

still early days but pleased with the R1 at the moment, seems quick compared to the TL but missing the engine brake of the twin.

a bit quiter than the TL so the neighbours are pleased, but has a lovely induction roar when you get the thing going. ???

post-15436-1281468963.jpg

post-15436-1281468979.jpg

Edited by mickmep

Looks like a tidy machine dude. You should get some enjoyment out of that. How long you been riding??

I just sold my 08 R1, well, february. Always been a Gixer man myself but took a trip to the dark side for my last purchase. First time without a bike in 14 years, been missing it lately so had a ride up CMC sunday, just browsing though. Might pick me up a winter bargain early next year.

You ever been on track??

cant go wrong with an r1 mate, cracking bikes! (if you find a gooden)

love carbed bikes had a few gixxer 6's including a k2 (r.i.p) and an srad (hooligan) now riding a 2001 kawasaki zx9r, my first kwak and i cant really fault it.

not quite as agile as the gixxers but tourquey and plenty of grunt for the morning thrash to work!

been thinking of either a gixxer thou or an r1 next.

R1 a 'bit quicker' than the TL! Try hell of a lot quicker! Might not have the grunt of the twin but once you pass 8000revs on the in-line 4 its warp speed hang on stuff :good: Had a SP1 (awesome low down rip your tyres to shreds grunt) then went and bought a late 08 'blade, this thing is like a missile!! Bikes and guns-not cheap passions! Cool R1-ride safe and enjoy. :no:

had road bikes since i was 16 on a moped, so 25 years now.

not been on a track, to be honest i'm not the quickest rider on the road, but do enjoy myself.

most rideouts are with my uncle on his t100 bonneville and a couple of old mates with 600's

so were not going to break any land speed records. :no:

Good luck with it, I drove one many years ago not long after they came about, very impressive but the riding position was too extreme for me then so i've no hope now :good: The BB with bar risers is about as much as I can cope with and even that is a back breaker after a while in the seat. Apart from the power and sheer speed of the R1 I was really impressed with the ride quality, brakes and handling....it was way ahead of it's time back then :no:

Laaaavly bike! I want a stupidly fast bike so much, but being 18 I just can't see it being possible, what age would the riders on here reccomend starting all the training etc?

I sarted riding when i was about 7, got my first legal ride on my 16th birthday, passed my test around my 17th birthday.

start young, you bounce easier and it hurts less. :blink: