22lr HMR WMR rimfire ammo pouch

22lr and hmr MTM cases are the same, i have 3 LR mags loaded and the mtm case full when im out. if out with the hmr i load a mag and the other mtm case.

i also have one for the .222. i did use a neorprine case with velcro but opening in in the field was to loud so i binned it.

W30-22M-41

Holds 30 Rounds

22CB, 22 Long, 22 Long Rifle, 22 Magnum, 17 HMR, 17 Mach 2

W-9-SM-70

Holds 9 Rounds

17 Fireball,17 / 221 / 222 / 223 Rem, 204 Ruger, 219 Donaldson Wasp, 22BR, 22 PPC, 22 Sav. HP, 220 Rus., 222 Rem. Mag., 22-250, 223 Rem. HP, 224 Wby. Mag., 303 Sav., 30-30 Win., 32-40 Win., 32 Win S. L., 32 Win. Spl., 351 WSL, 6x47, 6mm BR-DX, 6mm Norma BR, 6mm PPC USA, 7.62x39 Rus.

Phil

I have spare magazines loaded ready for use, but you do need to carry extra ammunition, and the boxes do rattle.

I like the idea of the MTM wallet, and am just about to hit the net to try and get some in preparation for the annual trip to Scotland. I'll buy 2, as McF may or may not want one, if he doesn't, I'll have one for .22 and one for HMR.

webber

Seeing as you have ordered one for me old boy I'll have it, however i do have another cheaper option sunglass case from wilkies 80p job done.

Mcf

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to carry loaded magazines in a public place even if they are kept separate from the gun.

must admit, ive never heard this one before.. thought if they were away from the gun then it was fine? same goes with the bolt..cant be in the rifle to and from the permission and in storage?

only reason i empty the mags at home is to save the spring inside..if its always under tension then eventually it will give in..bit like an elastic band?!

would like some written evidence about loaded mags being illegal enroute though...! :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to carry loaded magazines in a public place even if they are kept separate from the gun.

no idea where you got that idea from. That said I use an MTM as it holds the rounds far better and even with two HMR mags its not that uncommon to need a refil and when on the back of a truck the MTM is easy to load from

I don't think they have to. [lifted from the pages of the DSC manual] "Under UK law 'a rifle with ammunition for it' is considered to be loaded. Therefore not only the chamber but also the magazine must be completely empty whenever the rifle is not in use e.g. in a house, vehicle or any public place."

Edited by mick miller

strictly speak it is illegal to carry a loaded magazine in public as it constitutes carrying a loaded weapon.

though i doubt very much you'de get nicked for it

(this also included air rifles and shotguns)

:);)

It is an offence to carry a loaded gun in a public place. A gun may be considered loaded even if the cartridges are in a detached magazine!

Someone please find the appropriate part in the Firearms Act, I have too much on right now, cheers!

Someone mentioned the Bolt out as well, I think you will find that is not required for transit. :P