22lr HMR WMR rimfire ammo pouch

If you use 22lr, HMR or WMR you might be interested in a bit

of info about carrying ammo.

There are many ways to carry ammo, target shooters needs may vary to a hunters needs.

Have a look & let me know what you think.

I thought of this along time ago, made it then forgot about it.

Just about to start useing it & thought I'd like to share it with you.

Easy to make, easy to use while still in the pocket, safe & secure.

Add a bit of reflective material for a just in case moment then It's ideal for lamping.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidder#p/a/u/0/O96kgAqCh90

A good alternative is the MTM wallet.

What do you think ?

Difficult this one as I have seen, and quite fancied one of the MTM, fact is I just load up some spare magazines and take them with me!

No question that magazines are more expensive that a cartridge pouch/box but they also make for quicker easier loading in the dark as well!!

Edited by Dekers

I made a smart little pouch for my rimfire ammo. All you need to do is find a piece of leather from an old handbag or a chamois leather from Halfords, cut it into a 6" circle then punch holes every inch around the outside. Thread a shoe lace through the holes and tie the ends together. You end up with a handy little drawstring pouch that will hold about 75-100 rounds. :blink:

Some good replies.

I love my MTM wallets but you have to remove them from your pocket to open them up, soft leather pouches are good but will the opening stay open if you reach in for one bullet ?

What If It's a frosty night or you'r camo'd up & after Corvids ?

Takeing your glove off might not be a good idea at times.

The MTM is good but the click for the clasp can be unwelcome noise at times.

What if the last shot is a dud, what if you hear a click & realise It's the 6th shot.

Unused spare mags need to be empted when finnished shooting & also storeing at home.

Pouch, forget about it when you finish shooting, just top up after every session.

Hope some think It's a good idea, or the MTM wallet or any replies.

Nowt worse than a std box rattling away as you walk & fiddly to get ammo out not to mention the nightmare when you drop the box & the lid twangs orf spilling the contents in long grass, even in daylight.

Some good replies.

I love my MTM wallets but you have to remove them from your pocket to open them up, soft leather pouches are good but will the opening stay open if you reach in for one bullet ?

What if the last shot is a dud, what if you hear a click & realise It's the 6th shot.

Unused spare mags need to be empted when finnished shooting & also storeing at home.

Pouch, forget about it when you finish shooting, just top up after every session.

Nowt worse than a std box rattling away as you walk & fiddly to get ammo out not to mention the nightmare when you drop the box & the lid twangs orf spilling the contents in long grass, even in daylight.

They are also VERY quick to change in the field, the ammo doesn't rattle, you do not open and close boxes making any noise and you dont drop round in the dark with cold hands, etc, etc, etc...the down side is they "can" be quite an expensive option.

Chap, face it on this one, there isn't an answer, there are various options, some will favour one over another for various reasons, whatever works for the shooter!

ATB! :good:

The MTM one for me every time without a doubt! Great value for money :good: they never rattle :lol: hold 30 rounds safely and without any chance of damaging the ammunition :) they are easy to wipe clean if you drop them :lol: and they are shower proof ;):good::lol:

What more do you want? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I use the crosman pellet pouch. Velcro loop so you can put it on your belt when you get there, the bullets don't rattle around and you can just open the pouch on your belt and reload as you go with one hand, I couldn't be doing with the MTM pouch when lamping from a truck as we tend to reload when on the move, hold the rifle with one hand and reload with the other, can't do that with the MTM. Plus I can use the same pouch for .20 pellets, .22lr rounds and HMR rounds.

I use the crosman pellet pouch. Velcro loop so you can put it on your belt when you get there, the bullets don't rattle around and you can just open the pouch on your belt and reload as you go with one hand, I couldn't be doing with the MTM pouch when lamping from a truck as we tend to reload when on the move, hold the rifle with one hand and reload with the other, can't do that with the MTM. Plus I can use the same pouch for .20 pellets, .22lr rounds and HMR rounds.

Another fan of spare mags. Two ten shots and one five gives you more bullets than you can carry off in the way of dead bunnies, i can then reload all at drop off point, to be fair i don't realy go in for more dead than that per session often. I have more problems dealing with catching ejected live rounds when crossing fences etc to deal with a pouch of singles personally. If you shooting from a pickup then rattling ammo is insignificant anyway compared to other distubrence, so i should leave them in the box.

Were i do use something is with the Rapid mags i carry 7 x 7 shots in a clip on belt box i got from homebase, great for Feral culling etc and being plasitic and a tight fit these mags don't rattle too much.

There used to be wrist ammo bands for .22 but aint seen one for a while now

Some good replies.

why do you need to empty your spare mags when you get home, surely just put them in the safe with the other ammo, I generally fill all my 22lr and hmr mags each time i've finished shooting ready for a quick start next trip,

when shooting I have about 100 round in a clear plastic bag tightly rolled up so they dont rattle and a few clips in another pocket, when theyre all empty i fill them all up and carry on

mikee

I have spare magazines loaded ready for use, but you do need to carry extra ammunition, and the boxes do rattle.

I like the idea of the MTM wallet, and am just about to hit the net to try and get some in preparation for the annual trip to Scotland. I'll buy 2, as McF may or may not want one, if he doesn't, I'll have one for .22 and one for HMR.

webber