Reboring a .22lr

Cannon

What a waste of time and money . I have never heard of a .22 rimfire barrel being shot out . It just dosent happen . Unless some body has been shooting rusty nails through it . I have a brno that has shot many thousands of rounds over the last 35 years and is as accurate as the day I bought it and is only cleaned when wet .

Harnser .

Had a CZ before in .22lr but am going for the .17 variety now as it would suit my needs better. After inspecting the bore of this rifle I can confirm it is in perfect condition :) Will be a good rabbit basher when it arrives on the licence. Harnser there is no need to demonstrate your ability to write your forum name after every post. It is clearly visible above your avatar, just incase you hadn't noticed ;)

that was a quick trip to the mainland to check it!

Tis now over here at an RFD. Posted yesterday and arrived today TNT next day service. Ozzy I would tell you what it is but I wouldn't like to offer some members on this forum the opportunity to voice their opinions. Some have done so already on this thread and obviously assume everybody is an expert when it comes to firearms, like themselves. I appreciate the constructive posts and would like to extend my gratitude to those who took the time to reply constructively.

Edited by Dancake

Had a CZ before in .22lr but am going for the .17 variety now as it would suit my needs better. After inspecting the bore of this rifle I can confirm it is in perfect condition :) Will be a good rabbit basher when it arrives on the licence. Harnser there is no need to demonstrate your ability to write your forum name after every post. It is clearly visible above your avatar, just incase you hadn't noticed ;)

Where I come from and the way I was brought its polite to sign your name after you have written some thing . Any how it protects my copy right .

Harnser ,harnser .

Where I come from and the way I was brought its polite to sign your name after you have written some thing . Any how it protects my copy right .

Harnser ,harnser .

I would imagine most people would sign their name after writing something formally in a letter or leaving a note, but not on a forum. Anyhow it seems that I would not need to rebore the rifle. Just curious though. If some on the forums are so convinced a .22 rifle bore could never wear itself out, how come new barrel liners are available on the market? Pitting/rust maybe? Something that was surprisingly not mentioned in this thread :)

The only .22 barrels I have ever seen that you could describe as worn were old .22 target rifles that had chewed their way through many, many thousands of round over decades. Even then they still shoot better that most people who use them.

By that time the other bits, trigger, sear, bolt etc are also worn and the rifle is a clunker These bits show signs of wear before the barrel.

Its very rare indeed to find a .22 with a sleeved barrel. Its usually done to rifles with a particular historical interest that go back to the days of corrosive ammunition where the barrel was allowed to go rusty. Its quite expensive. Most old .22 rifles, even "interesting" ones are worth peanuts so its not worth doing.

Edited by Vince Green

. If some on the forums are so convinced a .22 rifle bore could never wear itself out, how come new barrel liners are available on the market? Pitting/rust maybe? Something that was surprisingly not mentioned in this thread :good:

Oh it most certainly was……..and I also gave the reasons why AND as to where a new liner could certainly be purchased.

But as no-one took a blind bit of notice I deleted it all. :good::lol:

G.M.

Oh it most certainly was……..and I also gave the reasons why AND as to where a new liner could certainly be purchased.

But as no-one took a blind bit of notice I deleted it all. :good::lol:

G.M.

Sorry mate I did have a look at them but they seemed out of the question. And no you are not wasting your time, I appreciate your input :good: