Midland Game Fair

left & right

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either day, its the best gamefair in the country. Saturday all stock is there to be shifted but sunday maybe better deals but what you want may of already gone on saturday so makes no difference ! Iv always gone on a sunday or both days but this year will be the saturday ! :lol:

Mostly full of the usual **** clothing and non country sports stall holders selling the usual rubbish. Prices are no better than you can achieve off the tinternet. Sometimes a lot worse. My advice is know what you want, know what you can buy it for elsewhere, and take cash.

Gunmakers Row is mostly full of shoddy gun retailers. I found better deals can be had off the likes of the Guntrader web site of through the sales ads forums such as this.

The site is a nightmare if it rains, being perched on that slope in front of the house.

Much prefer the CLA as a day out. For the same reason why we don't go to Appleby

Far fewer fat tattooed women dragging their half dozen kids around and less dogmen.

I thought it was a very good day out (last year) - enough of everything, plenty of demonstrations from fishing, dogs, clays etc. Not on the scale of the CLA but almost do able in a day. A good opportunity to have a look at new kit even if you don't buy anything, but there are good deals to be had, you just need a good memory for where you saw them. Going again this year probably on Saturday as Sundays can be busier (wives let hubbys out more on Sundays !) but I take the kids so she lets me out early. Hope you enjoy as much as I did first time.

Mostly full of the usual **** clothing and non country sports stall holders selling the usual rubbish. Prices are no better than you can achieve off the tinternet. Sometimes a lot worse. My advice is know what you want, know what you can buy it for elsewhere, and take cash.

Gunmakers Row is mostly full of shoddy gun retailers. I found better deals can be had off the likes of the Guntrader web site of through the sales ads forums such as this.

The site is a nightmare if it rains, being perched on that slope in front of the house.

Much prefer the CLA as a day out. For the same reason why we don't go to Appleby

Far fewer fat tattooed women dragging their half dozen kids around and less dogmen.

[/quote

Ha ha ha ha nice one! :hmm::good::good:

I thought it was a very good day out (last year) - enough of everything, plenty of demonstrations from fishing, dogs, clays etc. Not on the scale of the CLA but almost do able in a day. A good opportunity to have a look at new kit even if you don't buy anything, but there are good deals to be had, you just need a good memory for where you saw them. Going again this year probably on Saturday as Sundays can be busier (wives let hubbys out more on Sundays !) but I take the kids so she lets me out early. Hope you enjoy as much as I did first time.

haha Thanks mate :hmm::good::good:

I have to go to funeral in wolverhampton on the friday so will probably stay up and go on Saturday is it worth taking the gun? Or just certificate in case i spot a bargain? carts or even a gun? I know the area reasonably what's the parking like, do they run a park and ride at all?

Anyone know the last date to order tickets? before you have to pay on the day?

Edited by HDAV

I have to go to funeral in wolverhampton on the friday so will probably stay up and go on Saturday is it worth taking the gun? Or just certificate in case i spot a bargain? carts or even a gun? I know the area reasonably what's the parking like, do they run a park and ride at all?

Anyone know the last date to order tickets? before you have to pay on the day?

The parking is free :blink:

I just read an article in sporting gun about it and it said there is over 500 stands/stalls is this true? :blink:

more than likely if you take into account,the antiques,merry go rounds,bouncy castles,beds ETC, i know the organisers whant to make as much coin as poss,but what the hell as the above got to do with a GAME FAIR.Rant over i do actually enjoy the midland.