new tent

PAULT

Been up that way camping (Applecross) on the bike this summer...short answer is:

1. Get a fourman tent....not much more expensive and you'll appreciate the extra space.

2. Gelert, Vango, Lichfield are all well known manufacturers - or try this link

http://www.gocaravanning.com/camping/tent_manufacturers.htm

Happy camping!

im looking for a new two man tent to go camping on the wst coast of scotland next year any ideas the weather can get a bit naughty up there

camping ooh the wee beasties will just love you!

KW

Depends upon the budget.

A terra nova quasar is a bomb proof tent, I used one on my mountain leader training expedition.

A vango force ten is another bomb proof tent, used for everest base camp expeditions.

They are both expensive new, but if you found a good 2nd hand one it would last for years for occasional use.

Depends upon how serious you are on camping, I would endorse the bomb proof qualities of Vango Force 10s an excellent tent. In outdoor, especially backpacking equipment you pay the biggest money for lightness for gear youb may be carrying on your shoulders. Car or bike based camping is a different matter and the likes of Halfords have tents which are quite adaquate for campsite camping, as advised already err on the larger side of tent as long as it is transportable.

Blackpowder

Edited by Blackpowder

Might be better with some 3x2 and a few big 6 roofing sheets up there. :yes:

Seriously though I bought a Sprayway Valley tent last year and it's seen some serious downpours and hefty winds and not let me down. Outwell Montana are good tents as well.

Nice thing about the Sprayway is that it's quickand easy to put up.