oh dear there's my career

kdubya

Would just like to add on the second topic of this post that it wasnt the "woolly liberals" that complained....it was a fellow police officer who brought this to light.

What he did was over the top and deserves everything he gets....the police are there to enforce the law NOT to hand out justice

shaun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we say he will get off too lightly and it will be a whitewash job, as the last poster has pointed out - he was reported by a colleague. That tells me that the Police, although not perfect, know when the line has been crossed.

This coward will be punished and the stigma will remain with him for the rest of his life. So it should.

Everyone has bad days - put that unifrom on and you cannot let all the other **** going on in your life effect dealing with the public, no matter how nice or nasty they are. I haven't looked at the footage as stuff like that bores me silly. Out of 100,000 coppers in the country, there's always going to be a percentage of numpties, thugs and *** heads - most though are pretty normal people who, for whatever reason, sign up to do a **** job.

back to the vid of the assault on the woman I have watched this vid a fair few times now and have picked something up not apparently noted before? if you watch as she is being dragged away the nice sarge gives her a quick cuff across the face with his left hand this is the point at which she goes to ground, so much for being "uncooperative"

KW

Everyone has bad days - put that unifrom on and you cannot let all the other **** going on in your life effect dealing with the public, no matter how nice or nasty they are. I haven't looked at the footage as stuff like that bores me silly. Out of 100,000 coppers in the country, there's always going to be a percentage of numpties, thugs and *** heads - most though are pretty normal people who, for whatever reason, sign up to do a **** job.

ex soldier i believe, so wasnt as if he had no discipline....

shaun

Breach of trust, heavy multiplier:

Passing sentence, Deputy District Judge Peter Greenfield said Andrews had abused his position of trust and only a custodial sentence was appropriate.

What it doesn't say was whether he put in an early guilty plea. I would guess that he went not guilty and so the sentance got ramped up.

His brief has lodged an immediate appeal. It is not clear whether this was against conviction or sentence. My view is that it must be against the sentence, or his appeal would have gone in following the conviction.I am happy for Mungler to put me right - if needed.

His problem is that it could be increased on appeal. If the District Judge has decided a custodial is warranted, it is one of the lighter sentences.

Mungler - just read your post. He did not enter a guilty plea. He was convicted after a trial.

Edited by Gordon R

The reason there is a percentage of corrupt police officers is that they are drawn from a socitey that has a percentage of corrupt individuals. There are good and bad in any profession.