Favourite Cider

macs beretta

Just lately Ive been drinking Koppaberg (spelling) pear cider but I do have fond memorys of Cripple Cock farm yard scrumpy ,used to have a t'shirt of theres which said 'Get your crutches ready- this one be a toe curler' :good:

i like it, but i do prefer the mixed fruit rather than the pear!

It's got to be Westons Vintage or Thatchers Katy. Or Black Rat of course, which is much more traditional.

The likes of Strongbow just don't do it for me. And I don't generally do pints anyway. In fact I find it hard to get drunk on pints. I drink five and I'm so full I can't fit any more in! I was at our local beer festival the other week with a load of mates. First time I've been it was, and after five pints of the strongest cider on the list I couldn't fit in another drop. The worst part is I was still sober! I think next year I need to start the night with a 1/4 bottle of whiskey and carry on from there, or just have a fun night laughing at the drunks like I did this year?!

start off with abit of jack daniels (straight)

then follow that with a pint, then another shot or 2 of JD then get some more pints down you...

that should work!

if you want proper cider then try Wiscombe Suicider, absolutely lovely stuff. made in Devon in Southleigh, near Honiton.

goes down far to easy, and i have yet to get a hang over from it :good:

been to many a cider making doo at the owners, and its still made in the traditional ways, using a horse to crush the apples etc. tis amazing to see.

last halloween we picked up a box of TOFFEE APPLE CIDER, now that was tasty, they only bring it out certain times of the year though,

:blink:

That is the **** of the devil im afraid. Theres loads of the stuff left in pubs round here, no seems to be able to shift it.

Its another vote for Rattler from me. Did a trip last week and stocked up. I also quite like Green Goblin but have to be in the mood for it.