Varget Shortage?

garyb

I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to re stock my supply of Varget powder.

In this time I've phoned 5 shops across the South East, and each one has told me the same story... "It's on backorder, but is sat within the country" One shop told me they have had all of their Hodgdon order delivered but it contained No Varget for some reason !

Anyone else having trouble getting any? I've got enough to see me through for a while yet, but would like to secure some more.

In the meanwhile I've purchased a tub of H4895, as it seems to be very similar to Varget and will work in both my 243 & 308.

I guess it makes sense to have a backup powder available, should another shortage catch me out one day.

yes not alot of shops got it in at the moment. norman clark was selling 8lb tubs for £200+ pound which in turn worked out a saving for the buys.

he is up in rugby which is abit of a drive for you.

i have a full un opened tube here i would sell you but again abit of a trek. ive gone over to imr 4007 now. only really due to the fact the rifle i have just got. has a great load using this powder.

i will try some loads in it with varget soon. as varget is a very good powder for lots of different calibers.

its not temp sensitive like some powders to which is great.

We got our Varget delivery in yesterday after a 5 month wait :blink: , Edgar Brothers being the UK distributer have to get it sent from the states, this last shipment had been rejected due to paperwork however when they got everything sorted and it was half way to UK the export license expired causing it to go all the way back again :hmm:

Our rep also gave another excuse for the fact it's hard to get hold of certain head ie. 6mm Nosler Partition 100gr, with Obama being an anti the Americans are stocking up in force, whether this is true or not im not too sure :oops:

Jay