how windy is too windy

andy_s

as the title says, how windy is too windy? i haven't been shooting pigeons that long and notice that most people agree that the wind against your back is the ideal for shooting pigeons but just when does the wind start to have an adverse affect on the pigeons? tomorrow weather forecast says 14mph winds, is this ideal or slightly too windy. i'll probably go out and give it a bash either way but just thought i's ask your opinions.

thanks andy.

as the title says, how windy is too windy? i haven't been shooting pigeons that long and notice that most people agree that the wind against your back is the ideal for shooting pigeons but just when does the wind start to have an adverse affect on the pigeons? tomorrow weather forecast says 14mph winds, is this ideal or slightly too windy. i'll probably go out and give it a bash either way but just thought i's ask your opinions.

thanks andy.

14 mph good wind ,i find wind over 25mph makes things more tricky and wind of 30mph have found birds not to keen to come out of the trees till they have got to get some food :good:

thanks andy.

thats what i would call a good wind for pigeons its enough to keep them on the move;and like you say try to keep it at the back of you so pigeons come towards you head to wind;thats what they do to land easily especially if they are landing in trees so they don;t get blown into the branches..but it can get to windy and blow the birds off your position and its a nightmare for building a hide and trying to keep it intact when you eventually get the hide in position

Edited by yickdaz

• 3 weeks later...