Range Finders

NorfolkPoacher

Cheers will look it up, i was thinking no more then a couple hundred quid. as long as its accurate and drop proof! :no: thats good with me. What distance is it accurate up to in real world hunting, chris? cheers again. Dave.

First I would persuade this one http://www.opticsplanet.net/leica-7x42-bn-...binoculars.html :hmm:

Nice pice of art. But...

Leica is a very good one. http://www.opticsplanet.net/leica-rangemas...ic-program.html

If it should be affordable: Nicon, Leupold, Bushnell

http://www.opticsplanet.com/s/rang+finder/..._sort~price-des

I use a Leica CRF 900, no extras, no frills just simple range finding which it does exceptionally well.

Unlike cheaper models which will only ping off certain size objects at certain distances, the Leica will ping off anything at the max distance if you can hold it still enough, it will also work at night because of the LED display.

Although it does not say it on the box it does have a scan fascility if you keep your finger on the button.

TB.

I've got the older version of this one. It does what its supposed too and Ive always found it very accurate!

http://www.guns.gb.com/redfield-range-find...50-17901-0.html

Cock all use once the sun gets low but thats why you pay more than double for better makes

This one will ping off just about anything. Not like a tree branch at 150 yards but anything you can firmly fix on it will range accurately. In fact when the guy in the shop was showing me it was pinging a good 200 yards beyond what it said it did on the packet. Completely wasted on me to be honest as I dont shoot anything over 200 yards!

i bought a leica lrf1200 because it was the cheapest that would work in low light.

buy well, cry once.

It never occurred to me I would use mine in low light. I range in when I'm zeroing but then I have favourite shooting spots on my land so during daylight I have ranged various banks, bluffs and hedgerows and ballpark it from there. Having said that, I'm mainly bunny shooting and its kind predictable I guess!

It never occurred to me I would use mine in low light. I range in when I'm zeroing but then I have favourite shooting spots on my land so during daylight I have ranged various banks, bluffs and hedgerows and ballpark it from there. Having said that, I'm mainly bunny shooting and its kind predictable I guess!

i do a lot of lamping, thats what i wanted it for. i got mine off ebay, they do turn up cheap every now and then.

I don't know how true it is but according to a Leupold rep I spoke to all the rangefinders use the same receiver. The difference is in the quality of the lenses but essentially the electronics are all from the same factory. I have tried the Leupold and they seem to work well at a much more reasonable price than some of the European rangefinders.

I use a Leica CRF 900, no extras, no frills just simple range finding which it does exceptionally well.

Unlike cheaper models which will only ping off certain size objects at certain distances, the Leica will ping off anything at the max distance if you can hold it still enough, it will also work at night because of the LED display.

Although it does not say it on the box it does have a scan fascility if you keep your finger on the button.

TB.

+1 thats what i have and the older box shape model can be found for around the £200 to £250 mark.

ranges very well. had my 900 scan model to over 1000 yards. that is mor ethen enough for anyones needs.