mitsubishi pajero swb 2.8 td views please

decoying mad

I`v had one for six years and absolutely love it. :good:

I`v put it places land rovers can only dream of going. :angry:

It`s all to do with the super select gearbox and the torque converter.

The only problem with them really is only 22 miles to the gallon on a run. :yes:

If it`s not already, get the egr valve plated, stops it smoking under hard acceleration. (£10)

Log onto the Pajero owners club and get all the help you need. :lol:

Has it has the seal done on the fuel pump - if not it will probably need it at some point and it cost £300 to get it done (seal is only £14 btw)

Good truck, plenty of power and good spec. How much you paying and what spec? - Any probs let me know, Ive done a bit of work on mine and learnt the tricks with these motors. One other thing register it with Mitsi and ask if theres any outstanding recalls (yes they wil do them even on 16 year old motors....)

I had one for 3 yrs and loved it, sold it 12 months ago and still regret it. If its in good condition at a decent price then go for it. I found the engine on the 2.8 to be bullet proof. Change the oil and filter every 6 months and it goes like a dream! Best car I ever owned(apart from my L200) lol.!!!!!!

Edited by nickcass23

look on milners for your service parts. £28 for oil, fuel and air filters and 7ltrs of oil.

check rockets gaskets and half moon at the rear as its a weak point but only a couple ££ to fix.

when your servicing it have a look in the fuel filter for black bits of rubber as its a give away that the pump seal is going or gone.

if its a modified paj then try frank pickles for your insurance. mine is 140 fully comp and im covered on track days.

i ave the LWB and the back, boot and front seats all fold flat to make a massssssive bed

if not dne already then change the wiring from battery to cigar lighter as its a little to light gauge for the bigger lamps and soon heats up.

Phil

The 120,000 on the clock is only kilometres, not miles.

Make sure you check the chassis though they can rust all of a sudden, especially behind the back wheels. :yes:

Take it out and give it a lot of stick once warm, see if the waste gate is ok or stuck. :good: because they do on some.

The Pajero is for the Japanese market and the Shogun is for the British market but then they started to import the Pajero`s.

Most have had a plate with mph put on the clocks so you know what speed your doing in this country because it was originally in kilometres

The milometer will stay as kilometres. :yes:

Had a suzuki sj & vitara,had a landrover,had a terrano,had a fourtrack,had a trooper and an x3 beemer (pretendy 4x4) and none of them were as good as a pajero/shogun.

Check to see if it has been undersealed as it is an import and it wont have been unless someone over here has done it.The millometer will probably be in km but the speedo should be in mph if it has had an mot in uk.It should also have a fog light fitted to rear(they dont come with one from japan)make shure you locate and smash the beepy box under the dash that beeps very loud if the door is opened,lights are left on,reversing etc etc)it is very inconvenient when you are lamping and get out to shoot a charlie, to the sound of BING, BING, BING,.The pitman arm is on a recall for them, get intouch with mitsy garage with chassis no and they will do it free of charge.

Finally stick some MT's on it and abuse it !

i bought blackbarts over a year ago now had to do a couple of little jobs [ front cv joint/hub bearings prop shaft uj and an oil seal] broke down once due to fuel filter housing/priming pump allowing air into fuel system just bypassed it with a large inline fuel filter but have now got a new replacement housing off the bay for £10 apart from that been wherever i,ve asked ot to go so more than chuffed with it .

The Pajero is for the Japanese market and the Shogun is for the British market but then they started to import the Pajero`s.

Most have had a plate with mph put on the clocks so you know what speed your doing in this country because it was originally in kilometres

The milometer will stay as kilometres. :yes:

so what the add on that you can get to go on the mileometer. little black box with wires coming out that goes to the back of clocks. mine has has the card changed to miles so i know thats right but not so sure about the mileometer now.

i will have to go ask on paj forum i think.hehe.

thanks

Phil