mk2 speed controller

markbivvy

un kneaded exspence sorry lads but if u think the speed makes a difference you are as daft as i look!! :D:) :(

hi kirky

dont know if you have used one, but if not how do you know.?

they say repartition is the easy est way to train a animal. you dont have to use but

what if you want to ,but dont have one. just interested mate. not a dig.

un neaded exspence sorry lads but if u think the speed makes a difference you are as daft as i look!! :D:) :(

Kirky: Complete cack. I've seen countless days where the speed of rotation has affected the pulling power of a Magnet, and having spoken to many other professionals about it they all concurred that the speed of rotation does make a difference under certain conditions. Perhaps you are as daft as you look!! :lol:

is that rite!!!!! well i go shooting with mine with the wire on fast spead and off it gose like the clappers. so will how many slow pigeons do u see in a smart windy day none anyway its not all down to the magnet its field craft on the day its not something u can learn over night but a field of information gathered over a number of years. ps my grandad used small lenths of grey guttering to decoy the blue birds and seemed to work well. was thinking of trying it my self just to see if they are still as easy conned. :D speed control ha ha ha

Edited by kirky640

un neaded exspence sorry lads but if u think the speed makes a difference you are as daft as i look!! ???  ???  :D

i slowed mine down using a dimmer switch from the scrap yard and it made a lot of difference!....quick get to a mirrow!! :D:):D

mirrow ????? i know i cant spell iether :) B) :lol:

un neaded exspence sorry lads but if u think the speed makes a difference you are as daft as i look!! :thumbs:  ;)  :lol:

Kirky: Complete cack. I've seen countless days where the speed of rotation has affected the pulling power of a Magnet, and having spoken to many other professionals about it they all concurred that the speed of rotation does make a difference under certain conditions. Perhaps you are as daft as you look!! :lol:

you dont happen to sell them do you ?? ha ha just alittle

Tony Cooper has stopped selling to me . :thumbs:

Won't even reply to my emails

Anyway his new product looks **** but not as ****e as the brown jobby he made ealier. A very poor Pulse Width Modulator

Jonno

Mine arrived in the post this morning, it looks the dogs, I won't have chance to test it for while though, I will report back when I have

Kirky's earlier point about speed controllers being a waste of money is spot on, IMHO.

Many's the time I've watched other people's short armed "Magnets" spinning so slowly, at a speed no self respecting woodie could ever stay airborne at, and they wonder why the birds are "Magnet Shy..!!".

The faster the better, I reckon.

Speed controllers are a bit like Pigeon Whistles, Snap Caps and Pop Up Hides - great for conning the shooter, but of absolutely no value in the field.

I once watched Jim Albone and 3 "Guests" shooting a field of swathed rape near to my patch. The weather in early July was overcast and muggy with a gentle S.W. breeze. Each of the 3 hides had TWO "magnets" about 20 yards downwind of the hide, on either side of the "killing zone", the magnet arms were about 8 feet long, and those birds were spinning so fast, you could hardly tell that they were woodies..!!

Absolutely no question about controlling their speed..!!

My mate helped them pick up at the end of the day, and apart from Jim, they were muppett shooters, yet they still managed to collect 660 birds off that field.

Cat.

Kirky's earlier point about speed controllers being a waste of money is spot on, IMHO.

Many's the time I've watched other people's short armed "Magnets" spinning so slowly, at a speed no self respecting woodie could ever stay airborne at, and they wonder why the birds are "Magnet Shy..!!".

Well I still disagree with both of you, even though you seem keen to portray us guys that sell decoy gear as hell bent to rook you guys for all your worth. We have a lot more respect than that, trust me. Just telling it like it is, always have always will.

Cat makes a good point about peoples machines spinning SO slowly that it would be impossible for a pigeon to stay airborne, and in reality the range of speed adjustment I have found to be effective is only from 30-40 RPM but I HAVE found without any doubt that RPM control does make a difference. Anyway each to their own.

machines spinning SO slowly that it would be impossible for a pigeon to stay airborne,

can someone clear this bit up for me.

are some people saying that incomings pigeons know that the decs on the rotor are going to slow to be airborne.

I'm saying that a very slow spin speed on a short armed rotary does not attract as many birds as a faster spin speed on a longer armed rotary.

That's what I've found, others will disagree.

Cat

I'm saying that a very slow spin speed on a short armed rotary does not attract as many birds as a faster spin speed on a longer armed rotary.

That's what I've found, others will disagree.

Cat

Cat,

What length arms do you call short and what length do you call long?

Are we talking bought or made rotaries?

Kirky,

un neaded exspence sorry lads but if u think the speed makes a difference you are as daft as i look!!

The big difference between you and these guys down south is that you will never come across magnet shy Pigeons where you live, there simply isn't enough people using magnets up here to make them shy.

Down south every man and his dog is out with a magnet! that's why they have different findings to you.

I can count on one hand the number of times in the last 10 years I've been out and come accross another Pigeon shooter.

Cheers,

Mark.