New BIG permission!!

MM

So, went past some local fields on Friday morning, and they were covered in crows. Never having seen anyone shoot there, i had an idea! Pulled up at the empty tractor, and stuck a few cards in the windscreen. Off i went and thought nothing of it as id tried this method before without any luck.

Sat watching Ray Mears last night, and the phone rings. The farmer wanted to speak to me this morning about a crow problem :yes:

Just got back, and ive now got.......................wait for it.......................400 ACRES :look: of crow and pigeon shooting!! :good::good::lol::lol::hmm::hmm:

Got my kit ready, and im off at first light to have a bash. Cant believe my luck. The farmer said im the only permission on the land, and as the neighbour has game birds, to be carefull :yes:

Ill take pics in the morning of any success, and get them up tomorrow night.!!!

So, went past some local fields on Friday morning, and they were covered in crows. Never having seen anyone shoot there, i had an idea! Pulled up at the empty tractor, and stuck a few cards in the windscreen. Off i went and thought nothing of it as id tried this method before without any luck.

Sat watching Ray Mears last night, and the phone rings. The farmer wanted to speak to me this morning about a crow problem :yes:

Just got back, and ive now got.......................wait for it.......................400 ACRES :look: of crow and pigeon shooting!! :look: :good::lol::lol::hmm::good:

Got my kit ready, and im off at first light to have a bash. Cant believe my luck. The farmer said im the only permission on the land, and as the neighbour has game birds, to be carefull :yes:

Ill take pics in the morning of any success, and get them up tomorrow night.!!!

well done!!

i still owe you that pint, remember :beer: :beer: :hmm::yes:

Edited by artschool

well done!!

i still owe you that pint, remember :yes: :yes: :look: :hmm:

:good: Beers all round? ill take you up on that soon mate. :lol: As soon as i get my feet under the table and the farmer get used to my (rather odd) ways, ill be asking for help. There is one certain chap on here who i owe more than a days shooting thanks to the help ive had from him over the years. He knows who he is :lol:

Well done mate, I'm chuffed for you! We hear so many people trying to get into shooting but vomplaining that they can not get any permission, this thread just goes to show that the permissions are out there if only you are willing to look around (Maybe do a bit of legwork) and ask! :good::lol::lol:

Well done matey!

May be worth having a word with the game keeper at the neighbouring shoot and find out what days he is planning the shoots and try and work together so you don't disturb the birds prior to his shoot!

If you show a genuine thought for his shooting dates and explain you will endeavour to work round HIS dates he may just let you have a bit of HIS vermin shooting when game season comes to a close :good:

Well done matey!

May be worth having a word with the game keeper at the neighbouring shoot and find out what days he is planning the shoots and try and work together so you don't disturb the birds prior to his shoot!

If you show a genuine thought for his shooting dates and explain you will endeavour to work round HIS dates he may just let you have a bit of HIS vermin shooting when game season comes to a close :lol:

Wise words mate, always worth having a thought for others :lol: Also means ive another bottle of whiskey to buy at crimbo as well :good: :look: