Fishing god in Turriff.

sako751sg

Headed off with the wee man to take the stag to the gamedealer with the jeep,and was sitting at a juction behind traffic when i looked at two blokes chatting.I thought one looked like Matt Hayes,but dismissed the thought until he spread his arms apart obviously telling the other lad the size of a fish.I pulled in and right enough he is up here doing a bit on the Deveron for the Trout and Salmon.Took a vid on the phone,but havent a clue how to download it,and he seemed an absolute gent.Top man indeed.He had a look at the stag and said the rut was lateish down his way too.Hope i dont wake up and the stag and everything was one big dream. ;)

Used to be a member on a well known syndicate, turn up one day to find all of one bank out of bounds. On speaking to baliff he said that a "well known angler" would be fishing there in a weeks time and that the area would be baited until then.

Week later said "well known angler" turns up and still mansges to blank for 2 days.

Goes to show that there no better than us just get the best chances. ;)

Not the "fishing god" mentioned here.

Knew Matt before and at the start of his TV programmes and spent some time with him fishing in Cyprus.

If anyone knows Tony Kirrige from Tony's Tackle in Eastborne he was on the trip too. Remind him that when you need to fly back to the UK at 0800hrs its really not a good idea to still be singing karaoke drunk in the hotel bar at 6am in the morning!!! (Shimano trip Cyprus 94).

A great trip and Matt's a top bloke.

matt hayes, fishing god! this should be put on joke page. he only took up salmon fishing a few year back and already he thinks he knows it all! i have forgotten more than he will ever know about salmon fishing! only reason he got into it was when he married some tart whose father incidentally owns a prime beat in norway (think its norway)

matt hayes, fishing god! this should be put on joke page. he only took up salmon fishing a few year back and already he thinks he knows it all! i have forgotten more than he will ever know about salmon fishing! only reason he got into it was when he married some tart whose father incidentally owns a prime beat in norway (think its norway)

bang on there billie , i know of a top west country bass guide ,who asked me to write about boat fishing for bass in his new book ,as he had never done it ,but credit it to him :good:

Fished with him, , mick brown, chris tarrant, Derek mcdonald and quite a few other "famous" anglers at a charity event on Fairlop waters.I was invited thinking I was going to fish with a celebrity, but i was actually one of the "celebs" (was writing for pike and predator at the time) and some poor sap had to pay to fish with me for the day lol.

They all seemed nice enough blokes :good:

Hey billy a bit off the subject, but can you do the snake roll I saw this Korean bird doing it On U tube and she cast for

M-I-L-E-S!!! :yes: