any one been lego land ?

myzeneye

the missus has duped me into agreeing to take the little man to lego land in windsor next weekend..... :good:

any one else been there before ? i hear its expensive in there ? :yes: any suggestions for places to eat on the way back to the hotel at tea time are welcome....

she's booked us into the mariot in windsor for 3 nights convincing me this is "good accomadation" and "i" can go down to the gym/sauna/spa etc..whilst she watches some telly in the evenings (little man will be giving it super zeds...) i agreed cos i know there'l be plenty of eye candy to gawp unshamedly at...hahhaha

i havent a clue what is in windsor apart from the castle and this bloody lego land place....any other suggestions are welcome as we have a day free to sight see.....

being a northen monkey i dont even have a clue how far from "that london" and its attractions such as the tower etc .. windsor is ?

if youve been or your from down that neck of the woods....help a guy out..... ???

the missus has duped me into agreeing to take the little man to lego land in windsor next weekend..... :good:

any one else been there before ? i hear its expensive in there ? :yes: any suggestions for places to eat on the way back to the hotel at tea time are welcome....

she's booked us into the mariot in windsor for 3 nights convincing me this is "good accomadation" and "i" can go down to the gym/sauna/spa etc..whilst she watches some telly in the evenings (little man will be giving it super zeds...) i agreed cos i know there'l be plenty of eye candy to gawp unshamedly at...hahhaha

i havent a clue what is in windsor apart from the castle and this bloody lego land place....any other suggestions are welcome as we have a day free to sight see.....

being a northen monkey i dont even have a clue how far from "that london" and its attractions such as the tower etc .. windsor is ?

if youve been or your from down that neck of the woods....help a guy out..... ???

Went last year with the missus and my 2 sons. It is a fun packed day with a fair bit of walking and queing. But as you would expect it is totally geared up for kids, iwould say between the age of 4 and 10.

The youngest was to small for even some of the kiddy rides, lots of tears when the eldest could go on and he couldn't.

We just ate in a pub near to legoland. Forgot the name but the prices were very reasonable.

What age/height is the nipper?

We have done Legoland day one, stayed in a hotel and done Chessington day two. :good:

I have been there a few times with the kids and have had a nice day. It is on the site of the old Windsor Safari Park.

Pre-book your tickets before you go as they are cheaper and the queues are horrible at opening time.

Get there for when it opens and stroll past the queues with your pre-order tickets. The park starts at the top of a hill, rather than work your way down walking with the crowds, jump on the train and start at the bottom (the furthest away part of the park) and work your way back ??? (the beginning stuff at the top of the hill is all pretty lame model villages anyway)

Have a good day :yes:

he's 5 mate and around 110cm ish....

we got 3 days in mariot and two days in legoland package.... two days on my feet, in the cold.........great.. :good: is it all out doors or is there indoor bits :?

foolishly i thought at this time of year it may be marginally quieter in a place like this....... im guessing ill be wrong and it will be rammed packed...

just read the watchdog wasp stuff....jeez... i hope theyve all frigged off by now ,i swell up like john merrick with a wasp sting... ???

should be ok for most of the rides if not all.

Look on the website and it should tell you the height restrictions.

There are some indoor parts, but mostly expensive shops.

Probabley better with the 2 days though, as you will have chance to get on all the stuff.

With the weather i would keep away from the log flume.

Also when we went there were alos some outdoor shows, don;t know if they will be on.

All in all it is good experience and the nipper will love it.

If you are going into Windsor to 'do' the Castle, do the Long Walk up to the Copper Horse as well.

The downside is it's a bit of way and dead straight, if the little ones don't like walking that could be an issue, but you will get to see the huge Red deer in the park and the view back from the Copper Horse to the Castle can be worth it on a nice day.

If you park up the top by the Castle you can go to the Two Brewers when you get back for a jar and/or a bite to eat as a reward.

It's the best proper pub in Windsor.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=...ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

If you want to gawp at eye candy in the evening head down to Ha Ha next the railway station or Browns down by the Thames - allegedly :good:

Hi Mate,

I haven't been to Legoland itself but sit in the traffic every weekend :good:

I'm guessing that it's the the Marriot Windsor\Heathrow which is actually about 5 miles from Windsor. It's a pretty nice hotel, have done some customer days there.

There are loads of places to eat in Windsor and things to do, the castle is one for sure. There is Eton Collage a short walk away, Windsor Great park, boat trips along the Thames, bus tours etc. but no idea on kids stuff.

If you are planning on going into London it will take you about 25-30 mins from the hotel via the M4 but would probably easier to get a Taxi to Langley or Slough station and get the train in. The fast train from Slough gets you into London Paddington in about 20 mins and you can then get the circle line which puts most attraction within easy reach.

Any other info you need PM me.

Jon.

I hated it; it's a day out taking it up the harris via your wallet and queuing. However, your kids will love it.

Worst bit was it rained at lunch time; previously I had never seen 3,000 people try and get into a restaurant designed to hold a maximum of 500. The queue went round the block and you had people swooping and fighting over chairs and tables where it looked like people were just about finished.

The kids fish and chips (off the kids menu) worked out to about £10 a head by the time you added a drink, and it wasn't something I would give a cat.

On the way out you are "forced" to go through the Lego shop - oh yeah, they learnt a trick off Ikea there. Again, you know what's about to happen but you can't do anything about it - you can tell your kids "no more" and walk through with your hands in your pocket, alas, that didn't happen for me and so we got some over priced "Star Wars Lego" on the way out. But hey it was authentic, it came from Legoland and will always remind me of that magical, expensive, rainy day out and long queue round the M25.

Don't get me wrong, I like spending money; I just have an aversion to having my pants pulled down. We went with the in laws and kids for 1 day - I could have probably had a weekend away in Centerparcs for the same money (which is also over priced, but don't get me started on that one :good: ).

If I got dragged to Legoland again I would:

1. do it on some national rag coupon / voucher deal

2. take a picnic

3. pop a couple of temazepam to really get into the "spirit of the day" and raping that my wallet would take

4. take a wheel chair to pretend to be disabled and jump all the queues

Yours,

Victor Meldrew

Edited by Mungler

The food is always terrible at these theme parks. We always raid Waitrose or Marks & Spencer the evening before and take a nice lunch.

Oh, I forgot to add that the last few times we have gone to Chessington we took the kids out of school for a day (obviously towards the end of term and AFTER their attendance report for that term! :D ) - it makes the queues a LOT more bearable. We told little ME jnr (6 years) that he had to pretend to the teacher that he had been ill.

The next day at school the teachers says : "Hello Zak are you feeling better now, you were ill yesterday werent you ?" ME jnr: "Nah, we went to Chessington".

Mrs ME laughs nervously and says : "kids eh?" :good::lol:

I hate the place. Traffic a nightmare to get there, mega queues, over priced, full of chavs.

I think all UK theme parks are pretty naff. The Americans do them so much better. I even prefer Disneyland paris to anything in the UK and that's saying something.

cheers for the info guys....looks like im gonna get shafted, be angry sat in traffic, get peed off queing with chavvy idiots especially cos its half term....add to that the fact i hate driving/navigating through an area im unfamiliar with and im not keen on crowds........

well, im sure ill have a great time.

lets just say she bloody owes me. :good:

I hate the place. Traffic a nightmare to get there, mega queues, over priced, full of chavs.

I think all UK theme parks are pretty naff. The Americans do them so much better. I even prefer Disneyland paris to anything in the UK and that's saying something.

unfortunately too true!

You can have a good day at Legoland, just dont fall for the marketing - take a picnic and explain to kids that they arent having anything from the shops! Queues are a nightmare but stumping up for the fast pass would help make them bearable (US parks simply let you take a ticket and return later but over here we have to charge for it!) If you are going in at opening time head to the back of the park first as all the closest rides will fill up quickly, do your tickets allow you to go in early? Some tickets let you enter an hour before the masses :good: