What's your duff cartridge record

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon I could count on one hand the ammount of misfires I have had in 25 years plus of shooting. In fact I can only ever remember 3.

2 were 7.62mm and they were duff primers. one was a .22 where I loaded the round and then opened the bolt. I ejected the round without noticing and then closed the bolt. Needless to say it went click. Not technically a misfire though.

I can't think of a shotgun cartridge not going off in any of my guns, I have seen a few especially last sunday

I had my first misfire last week

Lyalval Express Max Game BB's 53grams

I bought a slab of 250 and this one was about the 100th I have shot. - Only problem was it was a semi and the second shell had cycled, with a wad stuck in the barell its a good job I didnt pull the trigger!

I mentioned it to a mate of mine and he said he had a lot of misfires from these cartridges

I had a duff slab of Eley HB Pigeon 3 year ago. Loose chrimps and thus shot leaking. Complained to Eley and heard diddly squat and haven't used an Eley shell since other than 20 bore and necessity.

Had two hard primers in RC Sipe carts.

Never had an issue with a Hull Cartridge or Gamebore product ever.

Any problem is extremely rare and i've done a few shells in 40 years.

Edited by Whitebridges

Sorry to butt in, i know its slightly off topic.

If a cartridge was to not fire when i pull the trigger, i would leave it in the gun for a few minutes then open the gun and remove the cartridge. I would then put the cartridge in the ground, crimp end first, then when i left to go home take it with me and cut it open and dipose of.

Is that the right thing to do?

I have had mixed opinions on what to do with them and the way i deal with them i feel safe.

Many thanks

Mark