Web Hosting and Domain Registration

twitchynik

Looking to register a domain name and have some very simple, basic web hosting service.

Not too fussed about having email services so long as I can forward mail from that domain to my own webmail service and certainly won't be needing mySQL or other such fancy bits. Litterally just a small 2 or 3 pager website.

Would rather do it all from the same company rather than hunt around and do the two seperate.

TIA

Interesting that they're both US based. You not found any issues with them or the sites being over the pond? Not that it should be a problem, highly likely that most of these business are buying cheap rack/server space out of the UK anyway..!

Local 020 London number, which diverts to the USA. I had huge webmail to iPhone issue, which they really shouldn't have helped me with. One guy went right out the way for me and got some senior techies on the case and got it working for me.

If you're fussing over ping speeds from over the pond and back, you'll struggle to notice the 1 extra millisecond delay :good:

However they're probably using rackspace or savvis who are based in Reading.

Edited by Billy.

virtualnames.co.uk

Great service, good prices, you talk to a helpful human when you call. Have used them for years, recommended them to several people all without issue.

Only one caveat, they do not support windoze .asp pages, but do support everything else (I think their servers are linux based).

Edited by mick miller

Looking to register a domain name and have some very simple, basic web hosting service.

Not too fussed about having email services so long as I can forward mail from that domain to my own webmail service and certainly won't be needing mySQL or other such fancy bits. Litterally just a small 2 or 3 pager website.

Would rather do it all from the same company rather than hunt around and do the two seperate.

TIA

TIA

I have been using www.1and1.co.uk for about 6 years now without any problems and good value for money

Good value and uk based I think.

virtualnames.co.uk

Great service, good prices, you talk to a helpful human when you call. Have used them for years, recommended them to several people all without issue.

Only one caveat, they do not support windoze .asp pages, but do support everything else (I think they're servers are linux based).

Just the same as Mick I have been using Virtualnames for years and never had a single problem with them - Highly recommended!

I have been using www.1and1.co.uk for about 6 years now without any problems and good value for money

Good value and uk based I think.

I also use 1and1.co.uk.

simple to use, good how to guides, telephone support if you need it ( i didn't -i just followed the "how to" guides

and cheap!