Todays bag on drilling

proTOM1

After finding it hard work yesterday on the drilling i thought i would leave it a few days but i got a call from the farmer next to where i had been shooting asking me if i could shoot his drilling and look after his rape this winter . I was at the fields be 9am and setup by a small wood with drilling in 2 fields each side of a dyke . It was a slow start but i was just off a good flight line which was giving me a bit of action things died at 11am and they started up again at 12.30pm .

There was thousands in the are in big flocks but after 2pm they seemed to split up into little groups of 6 and 7s which helped .

Packed up at 3pm to look at some more drilling which another farmer had called me about ,and with what i saw in the 30 mins of watching it could also be a good day :good:

Final Tally was 78 woodies 2 ferals and 2 crows

post-12734-1288025878.jpg

Edited by proTOM1

They have switched from stubbles to drilling round here but not fresh drilling its all wheat drilling where the seed has germated .

Regards OTH :hmm:

Got a few fields of the same where the birds are building again but the fresh drills and buzzing i think thats where the shooting will be for a few weeks now :lol::hmm:

I hope you dont mind me asking Tom but dont you have a JOB? How do you manage to get so much shooting in. ?

Im a pigeon guide and also work a few hours on a shoot mainly feeding first thing . when i have no clients i still have a job to keep the farmers happy plus i love pigeon shooting myself :hmm:

Urmmm Mike he one of those horrilbe pigeon gudies for a living .

Cheers OTH

:hmm: