general Tires New AT

Moors Man

getting rave reviews on landrover discoverey forums, not as an aggresive pattern as some but supposed to be very capable off road, i have a set coming on monday for my disco upto now, the choice for 19 inch alloys was next to none.

agreed, it's not all about chunky tread blocks!

getting rave reviews on landrover discoverey forums, not as an aggresive pattern as some but supposed to be very capable off road, i have a set coming on monday for my disco upto now, the choice for 19 inch alloys was next to none.

Let us know how you get on with them.

I have Grabber At's on my Disco 3/ It does everything from motorways to ploughed fields and pulling a big trailer. The Grabber AT's are excellent, no rumble at motorway speeds that I can hear, mine have done around 80,000 miles at present and have at least another 20,000 in them. Off road pulling a big heavily loaded tandem axle Ifor Williams across wet rape stubble and uphill it was fine. I would certainly have another set but rumor has it that BFGs give even better life !. When I bought my Grabbers there were no BFGs for it.

A

I have Grabber At's on my Disco 3/ It does everything from motorways to ploughed fields and pulling a big trailer. The Grabber AT's are excellent, no rumble at motorway speeds that I can hear, mine have done around 80,000 miles at present and have at least another 20,000 in them. Off road pulling a big heavily loaded tandem axle Ifor Williams across wet rape stubble and uphill it was fine. I would certainly have another set but rumor has it that BFGs give even better life !. When I bought my Grabbers there were no BFGs for it.

A

Are you sure they're not Grabber AT2's? The AT's have only been released in the last few weeks, 80k is a lot to rack up in that time.

Got the AT2's on a D3 and they are excellent. I understand the new At's are of the same ilk as the Pirelli ATR's, a little more road biased and designed to comply with new Euro noise & milage legislation.

Rich

Edited by luvbus

A

They are AT2's Aly, you bought yours a few weeks before i got mine but you have done quite a few more miles then me.

Ian.

agreed, it's not all about chunky tread blocks!

Its not if they are mostly on road tyres with an ability off road better than normal road tyres but they won't be as good as the AT2's or BFG AT's off road. The fundamental is big blocks clear mud better all depends where you go and how much time you spend off road.

As said it all comes down to what you are planning to drive in/over.

To me the the big difference between ATR's/Grabber AT's and the Grabber AT2's/BFG AT's is the shoulder on the tyre, the former being quite rounded and the latter sharp & angular.

In my (limited) experience of driving with ATR's on a Land Cruiser, the rounded shoulders of the ATR's tend to allow more sideways slip & squirm in mud compared to the angular shoulders of the AT2's on my D3. The angular treads do create more road noise, they would be more likely to 'cut through' if you were driving on sand and probably reduce economy a little too, so there are always pay-offs.

To be fair the Land Cruiser was quite elderly and didn't have the 'aids' of a D3 so it is possible the gizmos made the difference but I doubt it when it comes to sliding sideways.

Rich

Edited by luvbus

• 4 weeks later...

had mine on a few weeks now on my disco 4, a marked improvement on the standard tyres, no spinning on wet muddy tracks or fields, a lot more sure footed, havent really tested them on any serious mud yet, but so far so good, the noise is more than standard tyres but thats to be expected, certainly not deafening, and i dare say i only notice it as im listening for it?

coped very well in the recent snow, again no slipping or sliding, will report back once ive been in some serious off road!