iPhone clock

Bagsy

Ok, strange one this. iPhone clock set itself automatically yesterday when the clocks went back. Checked my alarm last night and it was set for 5.10 this morning. Woke up at 6.04 and the poxy alarm hadn't gone off - it then sparked into life at 6.10 when I was in the bathroom :blink:

I've rechecked both the alarm and the phone times and both are correct. So why's the alarm going off an hour late? Is this a bug in the system?

Edited by Bagsy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, strange one this. iPhone clock set itself automatically yesterday when the clocks went back. Checked my alarm last night and it was set for 5.10 this morning. Woke up at 6.04 and the poxy alarm hadn't gone off - it then sparked into life at 6.10 when I was in the bathroom :blink:

I've rechecked both the alarm and the phone times and both are correct. So why's the alarm going off an hour late? Is this a bug in the system?

It's a bug. Looks like there needs to be a software update for it. Here is the link I found >>Click Here<<

I'm impressed a blackberry survived that long. They are usually broken before the alarms actually go off.

But yeah this is a bit of a balls up by Apple.

Truly amazing that this issue happened on the DST change for Aus and NZ and subsequently no bug fix for Europe, so we got hit with it and the USA is due for a DST change in 7 days...

An underlying reason why they'll not release the bug fix now is because they're desperately holding off the 4.2 iOS release, as the jailbreakers have an exploit ready. Along with that, the carrier unlock will be released, meaning the masses will be able to use their jailbroken iPhone 4 cross-networks.

Truly amazing that this issue happened on the DST change for Aus and NZ and subsequently no bug fix for Europe, so we got hit with it and the USA is due for a DST change in 7 days...

An underlying reason why they'll not release the bug fix now is because they're desperately holding off the 4.2 iOS release, as the jailbreakers have an exploit ready. Along with that, the carrier unlock will be released, meaning the masses will be able to use their jailbroken iPhone 4 cross-networks.

Please don't let me be the only one who hasn't got a clue what the above means?

Dippy Shippy

Mine was an hour late today and I had deleted all the alarms and reset, what can I do to stop this glitch tomorrow? (Billy up! :good: )

Regards

Gixer.

Wow... That's odd. Two days in a row?

Ok, you want to turn off automatic DST updating. Change the time on your iPhone to a random time, save and then change it back to the right time and save. Delete your alarms and set a new one to go off in ten minutes. If it doesn't, I will be stumped.

Edited by Billy.

I've set the alarm an hour early so if it decides it's going back to normal time I'll be knackered! :angry:

Bloody technology!

I've heard that its only recurring alarms that continue to have the issue. So if you set the alarm for 1 day then it will be fine. I'm trying that this evening, if i don't report back it didn't work :innocent:

I've set the alarm an hour early so if it decides it's going back to normal time I'll be knackered! :angry:

Bloody technology!

Set one an hour early and one an hour late. Get on the phone to Apple Care and start complaining. The only issue is that they may say that your phone is not something which can be relied upon to go off at a certain time, as the software may have a bug - therefore they cannot be held liable if you get sacked for being late to work because your phone failed to go off...

I've heard that its only recurring alarms that continue to have the issue. So if you set the alarm for 1 day then it will be fine. I'm trying that this evening, if i don't report back it didn't work :innocent:

My recurring alarm was fine after I reset it all... It's strange in gixer's case.

Gixer. I recommend a 'soft reset' and then delete the alarms and try again.

Hold the home button (one at the bottom of the screen) and the lock button (top right) simultaneously and keep them held down until the phone forcefully turns off and you see the Apple logo. Then let go.