Stirrup pump, Any reccomendations

Go Go Gadget

NO NO NO, :yes::lol:

Buy a bottle :good:

Totally agree! :good:

For a bit more money wise, save yourself the time, money and effort and go straight for a SCBA tank. After owning the hand pump for a while, and you are a serious/regular shooter, you will end up with a SCBA anyway....... ;)

I use a pump and it's perfect for me as I just top up the pressure each time I come back from shooting- just takes 1 minute and I don't have to find a place to store a bottle, get it tested and refiiled etc. And as it was second hand so didn't cost a load.

Is there a good reason not to use a pump other than it's slightly more effort? Could it cause damage to the rifle? If so I may change my mind and get a bottle.

I am going to buy a pump when i get a pcp because dont want to cart a big heavy bottle around when go too my mates orchard shooting and local farm because when we go we usally do a bit of pllinking and would run out of shots (thinking of getting s400). I am probably going to get a fx three stage which is about £130. There are some reviews on the gun mart site which may help.

I am definitely one of the Cylinder fans, but each to their own.

Mine runs FAC and needs a few more lbs in the reservoir and of course, I get less shots, so it needs more regular filling.

I use it as required, sometimes a lot and sometimes months with no use (I have 6 other rimfires and centrefires and a few shotguns) and the cylinder suits my requirements.

People dip in and out of air rifles, for some it's a bit of a one hit wonder, but if you are going to use it a lot you will soon tire of the pump and wish you had bought a bottle to start with, but the pump suits some people!

ATB! :blush: