**** morning,good afternoon.

sako751sg

Once again rained off this morning with absolute gales and sheets of water.Headed home and grabbed the gun and dog and by the time i arrived the day had totally changed and was glorious.I seriously thought about going back to work, :no: ,but decided against it and carried on with the walk.Instead of just taking the 7.5s superbs,i took a mix of game stuff,mostly Rottweil and also a box of superb and the plan was to get rid of the game first.I walked through this wee triangle of hardwoods,maybe a couple of acres and shot at 5 pheasants and dropped nothing.To say i was shooting pump is a huge understatement.I persevered with them but the arrows got no better.Just to see the difference i went to Eley again and after that i had 12 pheasants and only missed another two,also hitting a rabbit that made it down the hole and i never got.Not saying it was the game cartridges being cack,but i think it shows being used to one cartridge can make a big difference.All in a good afternoon but that first hour was embarrassing to say the least.Needless to say Rab wasnt too impressed either.

post-18885-0-94715700-1289495436.jpg post-18885-0-92672500-1289495446.jpg

post-18885-0-48396700-1289495456.jpg post-18885-0-02970200-1289495468.jpg

post-18885-0-47913300-1289495482.jpg post-18885-0-59595700-1289495499.jpg

Well done fella, just aswell rab was on the ball,looks like there was a few runners.

Great pics as allways.

I like to keep him on his toes by shooting a few runners. :no: He is an outside kenneled dog but after a hard day or a cold night he gets to sleep in the kitchen.Mac was bedded last night and i told Rab to go up and see him and surprise the wee man.I went up a couple of mins later and this was what i saw.And he wasnt for moving.post-18885-0-63911500-1289590644.jpg

Stunning looking gun !

Its the only one that gets used fella.The berettas are more of an investment and the Browning is spot on,and if its not then im to blame.

Cracking walk about and bonny dog.

You're very fortunate a permission that lets you mooch about AND has that much game.

Or is it your own patch?

That place has about 400 acres all in with a huge acreage of trees bordering and the shooting is outstanding.Superb numbers of roe too with a supply coming from the woods all the time.Very lucky indeed.

Once again,cheers all.