any one out tonight?

decoying mad

No, Not me, I like to give shooting a miss on 11 November, somehow it does not seem right. This is probably a silly thing but I like to keep the day quiet so the reflection is more than 2 minutes for me and possible others.

However I did go last night and give the HMR some fresh air! The bunnies are playing havoc with my back with all this lamping! Note to self - get a 4X4 :lol:

went out last night as we wanted to check Mr Fox was not having our pheasies....

I suppose its good but we only spotted 1 fox, i was doing the driving and the calling, and a couple of shooting partners were in the back of the Landie with the lamp and riffle..

Started calling the fox and it did start to come towardes us, but with the wind as it was last night, it was not long until it got wind of us and ran off..

Anyway driving around the fields we spotted quite a few Deers and there were loads of Hares about, which was great to see....wet, windy but an enjoyable few hours

went out last night to try and lamp some rabbits with the HMR - (conditions looked good) - had a badger run towards us with the lamp on, it stopped about 15ft away!! for a moment i thought it might have wanted a scrap - but i just dont think it saw us - its the closest i have been to a wild badger.

saw a couple of foxes, squeaked at one under the lamp just to see if he would come (dont shoot them on this land) - he came in like a steam train, stopped about 4o yards out for a good minute with the lamp on him before he realised something was up -

as for the rabbits - didnt even get a shot at one - the ground was sodden - i'm thinking this is why we didnt see any. oh well - nice to be out.