painting a swb 4x4 - how much ?

pegasus bridge

does anyone how much it would cost to get a swb 4x4 painted ?, nothing special - just a drab olive green. ive seen a couple of white swb 4x4's but really not happy with the colours and want to get an idea of cost to factor it in.

also - anyone have an idea what effect this would have on residuals?

If you only want something like a drap olive , get yourself some Nato paint and put it on yourself with a 4 inch sponge roller . It will only take a couple of coats , It dries real quick and you could so the whole motor in about an hour . 5 litres of paint will cost you approx £40.

Yeah, as an ex painter and decorator I can definitely say a 4 inch sponge door roller will do the job a treat along with a one inch quality brush to get into the difficult bits. :good: You will need a good primer though put on first as the paint won`t stick to well to the shiny paint so wash off any polish with strong detergent. If possible rub down with wet and dry first to rough up the paint. :yes:

Edited by COACH

hmm - i am tempted to have a go at it - how easy is it to get a neat finish around the window seals ? would i need a primer on it if i cleaned then sanded (lightly just to get a grip) the paintwork?

picked up some nato green from e bay, around £30, now just gotta get around to doing it, have a read of this old post

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/130426-painted-the-jimny/

Use paper masking tape to cover the seals and you'll get a nice straight finish

Les :yes:

cheers - i was thinking maybe of removing the seals and painting underneath after examining the last door frame i glossed in the house!

picked up some nato green from e bay, around £30, now just gotta get around to doing it, have a read of this old post

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/130426-painted-the-jimny/

yep - i saw this one too - what type of 4x4 are you painting ? i'm toying with the idea of a terrano van, and there seem to be a lot of plastic trim on the outside.

cheers - i was thinking maybe of removing the seals and painting underneath after examining the last door frame i glossed in the house!

yep - i saw this one too - what type of 4x4 are you painting ? i'm toying with the idea of a terrano van, and there seem to be a lot of plastic trim on the outside.

mines a suzuki vitara 3 door,