Bunny Bashing

robbobsam

I am currently a little overrun with rabbits on the land I shoot on and could do with a guy with a shotgun to help me out.

I shoot the land regularly but the farmer has just taken a new farm on and laid the crops without clearing the rabbits first. He now wants the rabbits getting rid of in a hurry.

Yes I know...... cart before the horse springs to mind.

Anyhow, I am based near to Market Harborough and need a guy with BASC insurance, his own shotgun and ammo to come and give me a hand. If you want a 1/2 share of the spoils, thats fine with me.

I will be using a .22lr for the 50-100yd stationary rabbits but I need a guy with a shotgun for the short range runners.

Was out last night and took 23 rabbits and 12 hares. It would have been a lot more, but some of them just up and bolt and I dont attempt runners with rifle, a shotgun is needed.

If you want to help please PM me.

I will be out most nights this week and next till the job is done.

Edited by robbobsam

realistically using a shotgun and a .22lr doesn't work because one shot and the ones in that field and the next clear off, best way to clear them is lamping from a vehicle lamper and rifleman and driver and cover ground that way round tramlines when its dry enough.

Though can't you just get a tower set up in the middle of the farm and cover everything out to say 700 yards or so with an HMR :yes:

realistically using a shotgun and a .22lr doesn't work because one shot and the ones in that field and the next clear off, best way to clear them is lamping from a vehicle lamper and rifleman and driver and cover ground that way round tramlines when its dry enough.

Though can't you just get a tower set up in the middle of the farm and cover everything out to say 700 yards or so with an HMR :yes:

The best part about your posts is the chick in the avatar.

you're getting some bunny bashing advice from someone who has done some as well :yes:

Only problem I find with shotgun is the lack of range. With .22lr I can take a rabbit at 100yds with a .243 at night and I will attempt anything up to 250yds, with a shotgun its 30yds.

Took my mate a few weeks ago and the rifle and shotgun worked ok. None of the permisions I have are too keen on driving around the fields at night shooting.

I find using a rifle & shotgun combination for lamping extremely effective if you pick the correct weapons. I like to use my .17 HMR with a moderator & a fully moderated 20g shotgun. But being a professional pest controller probably my first control method would be long netting, but it depends on the lay of the ground or livestock etc. Sometimes having a good Lurcher can put more in the bag than any gun. Using a vehicle for lamping has its merits, but you cannot use even the best 4 x 4 thoughout the British winter without getting stuck or churning up the farmers fields.

Edited by PredatorPCS

I find using a rifle & shotgun combination for lamping extremely effective if you pick the correct weapons. I like to use my .17 HMR with a moderator & a fully moderated 20g shotgun. But being a professional pest controller probably my first control method would be long netting, but it depends on the lay of the ground or livestock etc. Sometimes having a good Lurcher can put more in the bag than any gun. Using a vehicle for lamping has its merits, but you cannot use even the best 4 x 4 thoughout the British winter without getting stuck or churning up the farmers fields.

I am currently a little overrun with rabbits on the land I shoot on and could do with a guy with a shotgun to help me out.

I shoot the land regularly but the farmer has just taken a new farm on and laid the crops without clearing the rabbits first. He now wants the rabbits getting rid of in a hurry.

Anyhow, I am based near to Market Harborough and need a guy with BASC insurance, his own shotgun and ammo to come and give me a hand. If you want a 1/2 share of the spoils, thats fine with me.

I will be using a .22lr for the 50-100yd stationary rabbits but I need a guy with a shotgun for the short range runners.

Was out last night and took 23 rabbits and 12 hares. It would have been a lot more, but some of them just up and bolt and I dont attempt runners with rifle, a shotgun is needed.

Bit naughty :)

you do know its illegal to shoot Hares at night as they are GAME :huh::huh::huh:

Les

Edited by Lez325

Only problem I find with shotgun is the lack of range. With .22lr I can take a rabbit at 100yds with a .243 at night and I will attempt anything up to 250yds, with a shotgun its 30yds.

Took my mate a few weeks ago and the rifle and shotgun worked ok. None of the permisions I have are too keen on driving around the fields at night shooting.

Please tell us you are joking? :good::hmm::hmm::good:

you do know its illegal to shoot Hares at night as they are GAME :huh::huh::huh:

Les

Les,

You appear to be one of the many numpties on here that make silly statements without checking the facts.

Please refer to the document below which is a BASC factsheet detailing what the REAL facts are.

BASC FACTSHEET !!!

And for your information I have shot over 70 hares this year alone, day and night !!!

For the other legal EXPERTS on here, my FAC states,

.22lr and .22 Air rifle for vermin and ground game.

.20cal for fox and other lawful quarry,

.308 and .243 for deer and any lawful quarry.

Why do some people that know next to nothing try to big themselves up by making out they know it all when in reality they know nothing.

As for shooting at range.

My lightforce can easily light up 250yds ahead clear enough for me to distinguish the target. I know my backdrops very well and I take shots with rifles up to 250yds IF I KNOW IT TO BE SAFE.

This should be a warning to all on this site, there are a lot of people around that claim to know a lot, when in actual fact they know very very little.

Wise man once said, if you have nothing worth saying keep quiet !!!

Edited by robbobsam

Please refer to the document below which is a BASC factsheet detailing what the REAL facts are.

BASC FACTSHEET !!!

Nowwhere in your original post did you state you were the owner of the land, a member of his family or an employee.

Unless you are one of those three you cannot take ground game at night.

So it seems nobody except you has made any silly claims, or did you make a mistake and 'forgot' to tell us all the relevant facts ?

You do of course have ground game as a condition on your .242 ?

Neil.

Edited by Hornet 6

Nowwhere in your original post did you state you were the owner of the land, a member of his family or an employee.

Unless you are one of those three you cannot take ground game at night.

So it seems nobody except you has made any silly claims, or did you make a mistake and 'forgot' to tell us all the relevant facts ?

You do of course have ground game as a condition on your .242 ?

Neil.

An employee can be anyone rewarded by the landowner, the reward can be that you are given the rabbits as reward, read the document again !!! ..... Got another one here !!!

I bet you work for the health and safety don't you ???

You sound like one of that lot !!!

I hunt his land 4 days a week and am paid by the rabbits, hares and deer I shoot.

As for the condition on my rifle I do not have ground game on my .242 but I do on my .243.

Yes I am legal in every way the document states.

Edited by robbobsam