Poachers

My objection is tarring everybody with the same brush.

I suggest you go and trawl around for newspaper articles on poachers with guns, or east Europeans emptying the waterways of fish, I am sure you will find as many, if not more.

Unfortunately in this regard the bad element out weigh the good to such an extent that even the most reasonable and tolerant of people have questioned the legitimacy of the use of long dogs and have by and large decided that they no longer want to have any association with those that use them.

There are of course exceptions to every rule. Its just the exceptions seem to get few year on year.

The examples used in my post are just the tip of the rotten iceberg.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the issue though Ritchie doesn't seem to think its aggravated theft and criminal damage with a bit of trespass thrown in, the facts round here are that it is. We get sick and tired of the damage to fields, gates and fences, and that is before the theft of wildlife is considered. If you run them on your own ground then fine but **** off other peoples

[Rasher the anti have you nothing better to do with your time? Surely you would serve the LACS better if you where out monitoring a hunt or snuffling around for Larsen traps?}

Yet another couple of own goals there Ritchie. You lack of knowledge and experience in all thing country sports wise showing thru yet again. Monitoring hunts in this weather? Larsen traps out at this time of year? Oh please, do yourself and the rest of us a favour. Think before you decide to post. There are only so many times you can put your foot in your mouth before the novelty begins to wear off. Even you must realise that simple truth. What are we down to depth wise on that hole you keep insisting on digging, 12-14 feet? :crazy:

[Rasher the anti have you nothing better to do with your time? Surely you would serve the LACS better if you where out monitoring a hunt or snuffling around for Larsen traps?}

Yet another couple of own goals there Ritchie. You lack of knowledge and experience in all thing country sports wise showing thru yet again. Monitoring hunts in this weather? Larsen traps out at this time of year? Oh please, do yourself and the rest of us a favour. Think before you decide to post. There are only so many times you can put your foot in your mouth before the novelty begins to wear off. Even you must realise that simple truth. What are we down to depth wise on that hole you keep insisting on digging, 12-14 feet? :crazy:

I didn't even write that reply, that just shows how much you read the posts.

thats the issue though Ritchie doesn't seem to think its aggravated theft and criminal damage with a bit of trespass thrown in, the facts round here are that it is. We get sick and tired of the damage to fields, gates and fences, and that is before the theft of wildlife is considered. If you run them on your own ground then fine but **** off other peoples

Al4x

Richie don't think full stop!

My names not Ritchie. Your an anti plain and simple :good:

Did I say that? I was arguing the point of morals. I see it is fine for you to catch wildlife with your dog but no one esles.

Did I say that? I was arguing the point of morals. I see it is fine for you to catch wildlife with your dog but no one esles.

while the dog is in a beating line on an organised shoot with full permission to be there and it picks a hare sitting tight its somewhat different to your meaning of coursing.

while the dog is in a beating line on an organised shoot with full permission to be there and it picks a hare sitting tight its somewhat different to your meaning of coursing.

Doesn't matter it's a non target species while out on a line pushing quarry to a line of guns.

Why didn't you control the dog in your possession? You would be guilty in the eyes of the law and Rasher.

I suspect you are of low moral standing, however you were upstanding in pushing foreign purposely bred birds to a waiting line of guns, which is of course ethically and morally correct in the eyes of the experts rasher refers to.

Lets keep the petty stuff out of it chaps, the anti is doing his level best to drag this thread to a place it wasnt going, lets not let him do that.

The only ones who is showing themselves up by their conduct and accusations on this thread are the persons who claim to be the voice of the many.

Cranfiel, a very level headed post matey.

And Ax4l, in reply to your previous comment, yes 30k acres :yes:....all fully legal and holding a mountain of game.

Its all good matey, in fact I feel blessed :good:

Edited by BADFEET

please god who is sounding like a proper anti now,

and for reference Rasher just sounds like an ordinary shooting person to me with consideration for quarry rather than a dogman

Well as I put to Rasher, what makes it morally and ethically sound to breed birds to be shot but not to take an animal with a dog which has been done for hundreds of years and has aided human development.

You will tell me that it is a quick death, we know it isn't. I don't mind sounding like an anti, if it puts the same slant on shooters sport, I shoot as well of course but have never got into the my sport is better than your sport debate many shooters get into. You usually find those guys are the ones that haven't been into fieldsports very long.

I have studied years ago with anti's and hunt sabs in university, I have studied biology and environment sciences and have made my decision from those studies rather than those made on moral judgements, which are based on human emotions rather than scientific evidence.

I would suggest that shooting has a bigger impact on the countryside than the use of dogs, just one aspect, how long before lead is banned from use, breeding pens for pheasants. Slowly but surely the focus is coming onto shooting.