Waiting for fox

william

Theres a place on one of my permissions where I think there is a good chance of ambushing a certain cunning fox.. Only thing is its ruddy freezing I have all the cold weather gear and I am hopefully going to lie up around 4pm till dark give a few squeeks now and then and just see what happens. Will let you all know if it was worth it or not later.

Theres a place on one of my permissions where I think there is a good chance of ambushing a certain cunning fox.. Only thing is its ruddy freezing I have all the cold weather gear and I am hopefully going to lie up around 4pm till dark give a few squeeks now and then and just see what happens. Will let you all know if it was worth it or not later.

Brrrrrr! Good luck. I'll be indoors, drinking a red wine. I'll drink one for you :beer:

Well Mr fox obviously had more sense than me I drew a blank but youv'e got to try <_<

Hi William,

I've had loads of luck in the past with some bait out - dog food stamped into the ground is ideal.

If a gentle breeze is blowing down the field it'll draw them from a long way. They should be hungry in this weather.

Get yourself slightly elevated, up a slight bank to have a good view - in the shelter of a tree or two and wait for foxy.

If you think you need another layer of clothes....add two! It improves your shooting if your fingers still work.

Good luck

AndyCM

I had a chance to shoot 3 or 4 foxes yesterday while out with the shotgun,i squeaked at one and he was only 2 metres on the other side of the hedge, however after shooting my first fox i haven't shot another since, anyway i went out to try and bag a duck in the evening and instead of shooting a duck i shot my first woodcock of the season which flighted high across. Sadly it fell in the next field and i searched for a long time but no luck...anyway i returned this morning and mr fox had already taken him :( so i think im going to have to start shooting some foxes.

Well guys I did take the 4x4 as far as I could then I had to walk the next 351 yards( range finder) :good: and sit and wait. Good idea about the dog food I was considering taking some tinned tuna up there as thats supposed to be good bait too!!

Anything stinky, that they can't run off with is good bait - tuna's a good'un

Bit of a tip for those who bait fox's,

Any left over food from our dinners goes in a bag in the freezer, it doesnt matter what it is, I also keep all rabbit guts,skins,heads in the freezer for use. :good: (rabbit bits are in "my" freezer in the shed)

I also keep any oil or liquid from tinned fish in a jar for the special occasions :good:

Always ready then :yes:

Edited by Dougy