hello from rainhill, im none to clever but willing to learn

Davey B

Hi folks.

After years of shooting air rifles and a fairly new taste for woodies, the SGC is finally in the post. looking forward to to reading the topics and learning about this side of the sport as i have never been able to go for the big birds. only rabbit and the occasional woody!

any basic tips would be greatly appreciated, I am up in the legal side of things, but anything that differs from air rifle shooting to preping for the oven would be great! (Don't fancy eating a load of lead shot if its gunna give me the runs if you get what i mean)

Cheers

Dave :good:

Thanks! There's a place which has clay pigeon shooting about5 mins from my house so I'm going to be getting plenty of practice in b4 hitting my permission. I need to talk to people to, and learn where to go. My main game bag has been rabbit and mostly looking forward to some pheasant and duck amongst other things which I am keen to learn about (and eat!)

Cheers

Dave

Hi dave if you make yourself aquainted with John Beswick at station garage in Rainhil,he will point you in the right direction,

there you will be able to get cheap ammo and alot of information.

best wishes

will

I'll second that.

Welcome to PW from a fellow St.Helener.

webber

Thanks again everyone. very warm welcome, and a few offers to tag along, just what i need and great news about Station garage! I had no idea he sold ammo.

I will go and see him soon as I can get away from the Christmas rushes. Also some very simple questions I need to ask, but I will ask them when both ankles are not been bitten by my 2 little rug huggers.

Cheers and all the best!!

Dave

Thanks again everyone. very warm welcome, and a few offers to tag along, just what i need and great news about Station garage! I had no idea he sold ammo.

I will go and see him soon as I can get away from the Christmas rushes. Also some very simple questions I need to ask, but I will ask them when both ankles are not been bitten by my 2 little rug huggers.

Cheers and all the best!!

Dave

hi dave just a note that john is only open thursday to saturday inclusive if you want to catch him in cheers john good luck with the shooting

• 3 weeks later...