Is it worth it?

tigger

Hi guys i currently shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E for sporting and im toying with the idea of upgrading to maybe a DT10 do you think i would be gaining anything by doing so or would you say a gold e is plenty good enough? Cheers Ash

lifes about nice shiny things, but they don't make you shoot a great deal better :D

You only live once. If you can afford it and want to, then just do it. Clay shooting is not a sport for accountants

I like your style buddy normally the way i am but i no they are a very similar gun maybe to similar for an extra £2500 on top of the 682? maybe better guns for for £3500-£4500 i dont no?

Ive always had beretta since i could shoot but i have just been looking at this http://claytargetsports.com/Guns-For-Sale/New-Blaser/Blaser-F3-SuperSport-FR003801.aspx which is within my budget i have a high rib Guerini trap gun which i love i wonder if a sporter would work or not i think Kreighoff do one called a pro rib what do you think about these two? And when you look at these compared to a DT10 for around the same sort of money is the DT10 really woth it?

Personally I'd stick with the gun u got a new one will only put a smile on your face for a couple of months and won't shoot better? I always think best to spend money on cartridges lessons when needed and shooting loads rather than on guns but hey maybe you can afford both?

I guess Beretta, Browning are the BMW & Mercedes of shotgun world, and at that sort of budget Used DT10 you have the option of Bentley, Maserati, Porsche. DT10 is i guess the M5 of shotguns, Guerini the maserati, Kemen the Porsche, Perazzi the Bentley? I would say go and try a few see how they feel and how they shoot!

If you all ready have a gun with an adjustable rib why not adjust it and make it suitable for sporting? I am positive that most of these fresh ideas, because they are not in any way a new invention are just another reason for shooters to part with their money.

I would think that the raised head position would be an advantage for prescription glasses users though.

Edited by BlaserF3

I guess Beretta, Browning are the BMW & Mercedes of shotgun world, and at that sort of budget Used DT10 you have the option of Bentley, Maserati, Porsche. DT10 is i guess the M5 of shotguns, Guerini the maserati, Kemen the Porsche, Perazzi the Bentley? I would say go and try a few see how they feel and how they shoot!

I think your right buddy i think ill see if i can find some i can maybe demo and see how i get on do like the feel of the Kreighoff's though ive tried a trap gun but at the time could not really afford one so got the Guerini Impact but thats a fine beast money well spent there thats for sure.

Would it not make sense if you are shooting 2 guns to have as similar as possible to minimise the adjustment you have to make when shooting them?

Quite possibly buddy hence me looking at the raised rib sporting guns as we speak some people think they are a fad but my scores went up considerebly when i switched to a raised rib trap gun and also i feel much more comfortable whilst shooing it to.

All of the Guerini sporting guns have a high rib option (apart from the essex)

http://www.gueriniguns.co.uk/sport_guns.htm

I know Guerini had a try day in the midlands earlier in the year may be worth contacting them direct to see if they are running another near you anytime soon.

do you no what it never occured to me to try the Guerini again i just didnt think that they would/did do one and they are certainly cheaper than the F3 and kreighoff models thanks for that buddy good thinking cheers my Impact has never missed a beat its been purfect so far love them.

do you no what it never occured to me to try the Guerini again i just didnt think that they would/did do one and they are certainly cheaper than the F3 and kreighoff models thanks for that buddy good thinking cheers my Impact has never missed a beat its been purfect so far love them.

Just out of interest why don't you shoot the Guerini for sporting?

Just out of interest why don't you shoot the Guerini for sporting?

Probably because ive not been able to afford to change my 682 since getting my Impact but now i can,but as i say i was not aware they did a Impact sporting gun i think they are a great value for money gun mine has got cracking wood on it puts my beretta,s to shame thats for sure there certainly a underated gun i feel but always had berettas and dont want to regret the change i suppose

Edited by tigger

Probably because ive not been able to afford to change my 682 since getting my Impact but now i can,but as i say i was not aware they did a Impact sporting gun i think they are a great value for money gun mine has got cracking wood on it puts my beretta,s to shame thats for sure there certainly a underated gun i feel.

Erm but you own both so why not leave the Berretta at home and take the Guerini out sporting and see how you get on? that way you try a high rib gun for sporting if you really want to keep a Beretta then just leave the 682 in the cabinet? Surely you would be better off with one gun you shoot all the time than chopping and changing.

While we all love buying guns ( i would love to add a few more to the collection and missus turned out to be a poor excuse to buy more...) it wont make us shoot better. Why not splash out on a lesson with Mr Digweed or similar and see what he/they suggests....

You asked is it worth it........