Is it worth it?

tigger

Erm but you own both so why not leave the Berretta at home and take the Guerini out sporting and see how you get on? that way you try a high rib gun for sporting if you really want to keep a Beretta then just leave the 682 in the cabinet? Surely you would be better off with one gun you shoot all the time than chopping and changing.

While we all love buying guns ( i would love to add a few more to the collection and missus turned out to be a poor excuse to buy more...) it wont make us shoot better. Why not splash out on a lesson with Mr Digweed or similar and see what he/they suggests....

You asked is it worth it........

I suppose i could try that yes but hope it does not put me off as its got a different stock and rib to the impact sporting so could shoot completely different but i might take it along tomorrow and give it 50 clays and see how i get on ill report back tomorrow and let you no thanks for the advise buddy.

Hi guys i currently shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E for sporting and im toying with the idea of upgrading to maybe a DT10 do you think i would be gaining anything by doing so or would you say a gold e is plenty good enough? Cheers Ash

I shoot 682 and my mate bought a dt10 black action fitasc and I love it ,it feels like quality ,and fits well,he's hand a bit of choke put into it and it gives some of the best clean breaks I have seen but they cost ,and numbers are limited,

I shoot 682 and my mate bought a dt10 black action fitasc and I love it ,it feels like quality ,and fits well,he's hand a bit of choke put into it and it gives some of the best clean breaks I have seen but they cost ,and numbers are limited,

They are beautiful looking guns buddy never seen one in a lefty unfortunatly

Raised head position might also help if you have neck/ back issues,,??

With an adjustable rib it might be worth a look at the Precision Fit Stock from Rhone ... in motor terms, the super rare Trabant Mechano GT, ...? And you get to decide if its a sporter, trap or 'golden duck' gun...

I heard the Black Fitasc described as a 'DT10 done right' ... because they're a custom job, left hands no problem, just think about 2012 delivery! By then you could have shot out a Kemen ... and there used to be some L/H stocks on the shelf at Kelbrook.

So many decisions and too few claydays..

Me?, I'm off to the used bicycle rack.

Hi guys i currently shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E for sporting and im toying with the idea of upgrading to maybe a DT10 do you think i would be gaining anything by doing so or would you say a gold e is plenty good enough? Cheers Ash

I know a bit about the 682 series, back in 1984 I bought one of only 3 guns that were the very first 682's imported into the UK by Chris Potter Guns.

It was a 28" model that weighed in at 8.5 lbs, (the 30" model wasn't available until the year after, and I couldn't wait).

Over the years Beretta produced various updates, but I stuck with my trusty 682, and it served me well, I was Runner Up in the British Open in '92 out of a field of 1600 guns, and I won plenty of other big shoots with it.

When Beretta bought out the 682 Gold E I concluded it must be time for a change, so I splashed out on a 30" model, I stuck with that gun for about 4 or 5 years, but I simply couldn't get on with it, it never worked for me in the way that my old 682 did.

I switched back to my old 682 in 2006 and shot my way back into the England Sporting Team. Was it luck, coincidence..??, no I'm convinced that the Gold E was not right for me, and when I look around at the guns that most of the top guys on the Sporting circuit are using today, I can't think of a single top shot that uses a Gold E, but I can think of plenty that shoot a DT10, they are very different guns. :yes:

Cat.

The 682 Gold E is a very good gun, as is the DT10. Try and get one of each in the same barrel lengths at your local gunshop/shooting ground. Pick up the 682 and mount and swing and it feels lovely. Now pick up a DT10. Tell me which feels better. It is several grand dearer for a reason apart from the detachable trigger unit which 95% of owners never need. Yes the trigger pulls are superior too. Balance and feel are vastly superior. Both are very good guns. It depends on whether you can justify the extra few grand.

Instead of spending £?,000's on a new gun why not try a PROPER gunfitting with a qualified person.

How many of us spend money on numerous guns but nothing on a PROPER gunfitting session and stock alterations??

Having a gun fitted to your personal requirements is possibly the biggest step forward you can make yet so few do it. It is definitely cheaper than buying another gun that does not fit perfectly and will yield better results.

Many of my clients spend more time getting a £50-00 pair of shoes to fit than they do a £5,000 gun. Weird.

Raised head position might also help if you have neck/ back issues,,??

With an adjustable rib it might be worth a look at the Precision Fit Stock from Rhone ... in motor terms, the super rare Trabant Mechano GT, ...? And you get to decide if its a sporter, trap or 'golden duck' gun...

I heard the Black Fitasc described as a 'DT10 done right' ... because they're a custom job, left hands no problem, just think about 2012 delivery! By then you could have shot out a Kemen ... and there used to be some L/H stocks on the shelf at Kelbrook.

So many decisions and too few claydays..

Me?, I'm off to the used bicycle rack.

Yeah i have a bad back and the more upright position certainly helps in that respect, ive looked at the precision fit stocks but dont think they are for me.Im really going to hit the F.I.T.A.S.C hard this year but i notice that the DT10 FITASC is full/full choke im used to shooting half/half i wonder if they will do a M/C?

I know a bit about the 682 series, back in 1984 I bought one of only 3 guns that were the very first 682's imported into the UK by Chris Potter Guns.

It was a 28" model that weighed in at 8.5 lbs, (the 30" model wasn't available until the year after, and I couldn't wait).

Over the years Beretta produced various updates, but I stuck with my trusty 682, and it served me well, I was Runner Up in the British Open in '92 out of a field of 1600 guns, and I won plenty of other big shoots with it.

When Beretta bought out the 682 Gold E I concluded it must be time for a change, so I splashed out on a 30" model, I stuck with that gun for about 4 or 5 years, but I simply couldn't get on with it, it never worked for me in the way that my old 682 did.

I switched back to my old 682 in 2006 and shot my way back into the England Sporting Team. Was it luck, coincidence..??, no I'm convinced that the Gold E was not right for me, and when I look around at the guns that most of the top guys on the Sporting circuit are using today, I can't think of a single top shot that uses a Gold E, but I can think of plenty that shoot a DT10, they are very different guns. :yes:

Cat.

Bloody hell buddy you certainly seem to no your stuff and must be a good shot to get where you have, I no what your saying about the top guys seen loads using the DT10 reading up a bit more does certainly seem to be a different beast to the 682 i think ive got to have a closer look at one and demo it to see what its really like cheers buddy

Whether a manufacturer decides to call a gun a "trap", "sporting", or "game" doesn't mean it's only suitable for that purpose. :good:

I use a fixed choke trap gun for sporting because I like to see a bit of rib and I like the feel and balance of the trap configuration. It is choked 3/4 in both barrels and I shoot better with it than a sporter with more open chokes.

I agree with the sentiment that you can't take your money with you when you snuff it so if you can afford it then indulge yourself.

Vic.

A good and interesting thread this one :good:

I owned a DT10 when they first came out,in the days before I knew about gun fit,consequently I couldn't hit a thing consistently with it and went back to my 3800 and then a 38 which I only changed for a Gold e 2 months ago.

I hated the feel of my Gold e but was determined to get it set up as I have seen a lot of people get excellent kills with them,and they are the same barrel profile as the DT10.

After some serious stock alteration and re balancing i've got it right now and it feels,fits and shoots great.

I knew the barrels were good,it was just a case of getting the rest of it right.

Can't really see the point of spending the extra on a DT10 as it's still an "off the peg" gun with standard measurements.

The only person I know of to do any good with a Gold e was Scott Greenfield,I think he won a British or English Open.At least that's what was written all over his T-shirt last time i saw him :no::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

The only person I know of to do any good with a Gold e was Scott Greenfield,I think he won a British or English Open.At least that's what was written all over his T-shirt last time i saw him :no::lol::lol:

Azzurri.

I'm fairly magnificent of course. :lol:

Have I mentioned that I'm in A Class? :P

F.I.T.A.S.C hard this year but i notice that the DT10 FITASC is full/full choke im used to shooting half/half i wonder if they will do a M/C?

The Fitasc has the trap barrels on, they are standard not 'overbore"

£70 - 100 to have them regulated to what you want or £300 - 400 for a set of Teagues .... ...

I know of quite a few people who use the DT10's but for me

nothing feels quite like the blaser F3.

I couldnt really afford to buy it even though it was second hand but i just had to after trying it.

Im going to see if i can demo a Blaser f3 if i can just to see what there like quite a few recommend them so would be silly not to cheers

Have a good swing about with the DT10 and krieghoff first then play with the F3.

Be gentle closing it as it should be as smooth as silk :good:

Remember if it doesnt balance quite the way you want it too you can add or take

away the barrel and stock weights.

Keep us updated :yes: