What a crappy year - 2 friends killed

agusta

I don't know about you but this year has been terrible - to cap it off I lost two very good friends the other week in a helicopter crash, devastated doesn't even come close to how I feel. It's still hard to believe, you're are talking to them one minute, the next thing you know they are no longer with us - it makes you think how vulnerable you can be in the air - if it can happen to the best heli pilots around it can happen to anyone.

I have them to thank for converting me from fixed wing to rotary and teaching me what I know today (its got me out of some sticky situations!) - such a waste of talent.

Anyway I've been thinking about this way too much lately and need cheering up in time for Christmas otherwise I'm going to be known as Scrooge!

Do your best :good:

i know how you feel

lost 2 good friends in a car crash in september (not there fault) the worst is one of them was a good shooting buddy who i had known since i was 5

a huge loss and a huge hole in my life

Chin up buddy and have a great xmas..its what they would want

you can never 'get over it' but you will learn to live with it

remember all the good times

and raise your glass for them at xmas dinner...i will be doing for my pals :good:

A very sad loss, both guys were ace's in the field of helicopter flight.

One of the guys grew up in the town where I live and his parents still live here, his Dad was an excellent doctor in the local practice. It has beeen a very sad loss for all that knew him, and one of my work collegues was best mates with him as they grew up and went to school together, and he is devastated. Time is a great healer, and the happy memories of your time with them both will be with you forever.

Have a good Xmas :good:

If being a scrooge is what you need to be doing then there's no harm in that. You've suffered a terrible loss and it takes time to get over that. The people around you should back off and let you sort yourself out in your own time. Next christmas you can sit back and think of the good times you've had with them. Trying to rush through accepting such a horrible experience isn't always a good thing.

Chin up mate, and deal with it however suits you best. :good:

Im sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your friends. Its never easy and know what you are going through. I lost 3 very good friends in 3 week period in Aug, all separate incidents. One of them was a girl i saw for 5 years and were still close. It has become a little easier over time but still really hits hard every now and again. It always seams to be the little things.....my thoughts are with you.

i'm sorry for the loss,I won't go into my year,suffice to say it has been differcult,i'd agree that 2010 is a year to forget.

:stupid:

I've had a really bad year, being diagnosed with an illness that nearly got me. I'm completely with the quote above, I'm not doing Christmas this year, I'm just not in the frame of mind for it. its not bah humbug, its just some of us have had other things happen that overshadow what should be a happy occasion.

If you have had a loss, or having a rough time at this time of year, my thoughts are with you all.

Best wishes

Tony