boxing day bash

cocker3

well merry xmas to one and all hope you all had a good day

had a call from alan aka verminator69 asking if i fannced a day shooting pigeons on boxing day. we arranged to meet at 8am at a sprout field we have had some cracking shooting of in the past few weeks . well i was late :oops: :oops: 10am be fore i arrived .alan was already into double figures by the time i got there and like the good lad he is he pointed me to a part of the field the pigeons wanted to be .

alan reckoned there was over 2000 pigeons on the field when he arrived and from what i could see in the air and on the field he was spot on .

so of i went and setup with 40 shells and 2 magnets and 3 floaters the birds were wanting to land while i was still putting out my pattern. :D :D :D

after 20 min and a call to alan we agreed to share my hide and from then on it was non stop till 1pm there was sum top class shooting with a lovely triple by alan and his semi auto we were killing a bird every minute or so and at points we could not load fast enough .

birds were coming in even when we were shooting birds in the pattern we had flight lines from three different directions and the birds just kept coming

at time we missed some easy bids cause we could not make our mindes up whitch bird to shoot

alan ran out of cartridges and we shared what i had in my bay (100 or sowe still had 200 in the cars )at 2pm alan packed ut as he had pheasants to feed as he,s shooting tomorrow

i shot on till 3pm and added 35 more to the bag and final count we had picked 195 and lost 20 all for 260 shots(yeh i know am a sad *** and counted the empty shells) but not a bad return for a pair of diddys lol

Tidy shooting gentelemen well done. I cant keep the ******* away from me pheasant feeders, (one small strip has 3 feeders in and im filling them after three days, and thats 50kg in each feeder), they do seem to be moving onto some stubble where the sheep have now walked about and exposed some greenery for them. Well done again lads

regards

mark

Tidy shooting gentelemen well done. I cant keep the ******* away from me pheasant feeders, (one small strip has 3 feeders in and im filling them after three days, and thats 50kg in each feeder), they do seem to be moving onto some stubble where the sheep have now walked about and exposed some greenery for them. Well done again lads

regards

mark

all you need to do is pick up the phone buddy ill be there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:back on the sprouts tues so heres hopin for another big one :good: :good: :good: :good: Edited by cocker3

good do lads, are yous shooting on the sprouts when theyve been lifted or while the crop is still standing ? cheers

no m8 were shooting them while the crops still standing with the snow we,ve had (6-10inches) all the rape is covered in fact every things covered :lol: so standing sprouts are all thats showing for them to feed on so if you get snow and have sprout fields close by have a look at them almost every pigeon in the area will be feeding on them (had a look at the field we shot on sunday this morning at 8 15 and there must have been 2000 on it :D :D :D :D :D :D :good: :good: :good: :good: