Beretta SV10 Perennia

triscrx

Just finished reading the manual and getting familiar with her. Fitted 1/4 and 1/2 Chokes and wiped the greasy finish down. I like to put a wood wax/polish on the stock & Woodwork to protect it and bring the colour and pattern out of the wood.

Pulled the Boresnake through and gave it a good once over. Snapcaps in and firing pins released :)

Any other top tips before taking a new Shotgun out for the first time.

Few Pics I took of the finish:

CopyofBerettaSV10003.jpg

BerettaSV10011.jpg

BerettaSV10006.jpg

BerettaSV10001.jpg

Very, very nice! Wood is what it is, no two pieces will ever be the same. As a joiner I spend my life explaining this to people who would rather see perfect man made wall paper look a likes. I'm no different, love to see perfection but the reality is that that kind if wood costs.....BIG TIME!!! Enjoy it, its a beaut!

i bought one feb this year cracking gun,i got one with the kick off,i use 3 choke in bottom barrel 5 in top,28 ins barrels,first day out 21 shots 19 pigeon,been like this all year,i use it for everything,driven pheasant/partrdge,pigeon,duck/geese,clays.scared stiff of marking it.i use renapur on both wood and metal this brings out the grain very nice.enjoy

I have a 30 inch one of these with the Kick Off. Used it for the last three seasons and can honestly say its the best Shotgun I have owned and I have had a fair few. Mine handles superbly for me and I use the two most open chokes in it and it kills very well because of the superb patterns it throws. Just use it, its a tool and if gets marked its better than having it sat in the cabinet.

Its not due to me not wanting to get out with it I have been stuck in with my 2 year old daughter today. Managed a walk round my permission with her to see if there was much about but it was quiet anyway so i don't feel too bad. Intend to get over there on Sunday definitely. have a clay shoot on the 16th too :good:

Edited by triscrx

Well you have made a great choice, got mine when they first came out and haven't regretted it for a moment.

When were they released out of interest? Taking my sit on clay trap to my permission tomorrow to let 200 or so clays get dusted with the brother in law. Bit of practice before I take to the clay ground in a couple of weeks

Have you ever removed the Extractors / Ejectors? As a matter of routine on all previous shotguns I have removed them after a round of clays and cleaned everything prior to oiling and storing for the next time. Tried to remove them after some clays at the weekend and no joy. Don't know if I am just too anal with weapon cleanliness due to my job (Weapons Engineer) or am I missing something simple. All previous Beretta's I have owned you just push the Extractor in and rotate 45 degrees and lift clear. :blush:

hi fella no your not missing the point i dont think they come out the same on these guns because you can turn them on/off i use mine with them off so i have to take the spent shell out and then put spent shell in my bag these are not based on old beretta's from the past if you read the mags it is a totaly new gun some internals are the same but how it all works is not you can take the gun apart to clean the workings and reassemble in 10 mins i bought my on a wim and its the best beretta i have owned :good:

I bought an SV10 Prevail III with the kick off and gamescene engraving, looks just like this.

I went out to look at a few second hand guns with a self imposed limit of £2000 with a view to buying a 682gold e. Ended up buying my as new second hand SV10 for £1950. I'm always a sucker for nice shiny unmarked things!

There was nowt wrong with my Beretta Silver pigeon! Why do we do these things?!?!?!?

just to clarify, the ejecter selecters have the screw slots facing outwards,press the ejecters (one at a time)on a good solid square edge, use a small screwdriver and push the other end of the ejecter selecter (small hole) the selecter has two small o rings. there are two springs on each side of the ejecters. rebuild is a reversal of this. to turn the ejecters off turn the slots facing inwards. i hope this helps dave atb

just to clarify, the ejecter selecters have the screw slots facing outwards,press the ejecters (one at a time)on a good solid square edge, use a small screwdriver and push the other end of the ejecter selecter (small hole) the selecter has two small o rings. there are two springs on each side of the ejecters. rebuild is a reversal of this. to turn the ejecters off turn the slots facing inwards. i hope this helps dave atb

Thankyou for this :good: Not had a chance to get them out yet as I'm away from home until tomorrow evening but I will have a go and report back when I have them out. Sounds very different from other Beretta's so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference.

So whilst compressing the Extractor on the table you poke a small screwdriver / Punch into the rear of the Selector housing and this will make the Extractor come out when you release the pressure that is applied whilst forcing down? :hmm: